Posted 8 months ago
Just picked up this radio today and was told it didn't work that well but when I got it home, I proceeded in tearing the whole thing down to find any issues. What was interesting to me was the fact that the veneer finish was in such good condition on this 1942 radio. The needle, on the dial was not connected, I knew that was an easy fix. Since I had to fix that, I thought, might as well check the tubes and fire it up to see how it looked. To my amazement, it worked!! I think they had it on the wrong dial for American side of the dial, they probably had it on Foreign. So far I have picked up 3 channels clearly, no lighted dial though. Looks like, at some point, someone removed the socket for it. A little Old English stain later VOILA!! This Crosley 52TF is a pretty common radio, not hard to find, but in this conditon, maybe a little harder. Oh, I also cleaned the cell cover for the dial with my Novus plastic cleaner process. Worked pretty well on Celluloid.