Posted 8 months ago
This is a 1954 magazine advertisement for Calvet Wine imported from France by National Distillers Products Corp., New York, NY.
-- Since the 19th century, La Maison Calvet has been a key player in the Bordeaux wine-growing sector, a leader on many international markets.
Located right at the heart of Bordeaux, in the historic wine district - Les Chartrons - Calvet is today the only active Wine company established in the city. La Maison Calvet matures its prestigious vintages in the century-old cellars holding more than 6,000 barriques. Calvet was sold in 2006 to Grand Chais de France, owners of the JP Chenet brand.