Posted 8 months ago
This is a 1953 magazine advertisement for Irroy Champagne and other wines and spirits imported by Dreyfus, Ashby & Co., New York.
--- The origins of the Ernest Irroy Champagne go back to the 17th century. At that time, the vineyards surrounding the “Chasteau de IRROY en Champagne” and the Avenay convent were renowned for their delicious wines that were given to distinguished guests. The castle and the convent were destroyed during the French Revolution but the vineyards remained and the Maison Irroy expanded rapidly in 1820 when the owners founded their Maison de Commerce in Reims.
In 1955 Champagne Irroy was bought by Champagne Taittinger. Irroy maintained a policy of quality and refinement symbolized by the “Golden Cord” that decorates its labels.