INDIAN Royston Turquoise Pendant Necklace, BRACELET MARKED D U E

In Native American > Show & Tell and Sterling Silver > Show & Tell.
Native American Antiques514 of 1009Two small native american rugs 9 1/2 inch by 6 1/2 inch.Native American Urchin Basket

katherinescollectionskatherinescollections loves this.
auraaura loves this.
toracattoracat loves this.
bbgemsbbgems loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

HI I WAS WONDERING IS THESE ARE Royston Turquoise AND IF SO I CAN NOT FIND who makes them there marked D U E ??
AS always thank you so much

Mystery Solved

1. Stillwater Stillwater, 3 years ago
    Can't understand your writing.
  2. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 3 years ago
    The mark DUE is a Danish silver Maker's mark. It stands for lb Due's Guldvarefabrik-Aarhaus, and your piece was made sometime between 1961 and now.
  3. Stillwater Stillwater, 3 years ago
    Are you kiddin? Thats not Danish, its Native American, Navajo.
    See the motifs? The stampwork? The turquoise?
  4. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 3 years ago
    Ok, stillwater. But just remember the last time you thought I did not know what I was talking about...pipestems ring a bell lol?

So, then whose hallmark is it? And are you also going to tell me that no one else uses silver with stampwork in it, and semi precious stones? Jewelry is made all over the world and not just by Native Americans. Their work has been copied for a very long time.
  5. bbgems, 3 years ago
    now i am more confused than ever,
  6. Stillwater Stillwater, 3 years ago
    Well this is my field of expertise, so its my turn to be right. Everything about them says Navajo, nothing at all says Danish

See the crescent stamp on the setting of the turquoise in the bracelet? That EXACT stamp is common on Navajo jewelry, the "twisted rope" border is also commonly native American, the carinated shank is also native, the little feathers were typical of 1970's NA jewelry, and how are people in Denmark going to get a hold of high-grade Royston turquoise from Nevada? There is just nothing at all that says Danish

You can't just look at the hallmark (especially if its initials), you have to look at the construction and materials and style. I see you went to 925-1000, but thats the only place where this strange silversmith can be found, no examples of their work to compare anywhere.

So lets hear your argument for these being Danish
  7. bbgems, 3 years ago
    so are these pieces of any real value?
    or the run of the mill?
  8. Stillwater Stillwater, 3 years ago
    Thats for you to figure out, appraisals aren't free unfortunately. There are resources available like Google and eBay.
  9. bbgems, 3 years ago
    oh, ok
    thank you.
  10. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 3 years ago
    You can go to Len Woods website. Just put in a search for Len Woods and you will see it. They do five free appraisals for you and they specialize in Native American art. I have used them many times and got great results from them. Just take many detailed pictures so they can see all angles. And make sure to have the hallmark too. Maybe this can be resolved by experts. I am a collector, but not an expert in jewelry. But at least I looked for you to try and help. :)
  11. bbgems, 3 years ago
    you are so good to me :)