Posted 7 months ago
Thought some of you might want to see what I did. I first needed a new glass for the front, Michaels was happy to help there, they didn't even chg me for it, since I had my own glass. That was the easiest part.
If you notice in pic #3 the paint on the front of the playing board surface, at top right corner, needed touching up a bit so I did this. The paint I used was Rustoleon matte dark green. I figured since it was going under glass, it didn't need the glossier paint. Worked great!
I don't have a before and after pic of this but the back needed to be straightened out, it's cardboard and had bowed into the back and was causing some playing issues. I took it off and ironed the card between a t-shirt, then placed it inside a big heavy book for about a week.
That did the trick, it's very flat now and sits flush in the grooves of the metal frame. Lastly I adjusted the tension on the shooting arm, to make it fire the balls a little better, also adjusted the wire support, that props it up at the right angle and put it all back together today!
I love these little projects, it gives me purpose,,,LOL, I like that it still holds it's older/vintage/antique look but is in much better working condition now.