My Doll House

In Dolls > Dollhouses > Show & Tell.
Dollhouses16 of 16Tin Doll HouseSylvanian Families House

KimboKimbo loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
SierraDawnSierraDawn loves this.
antiquevintagegirlantiquevintagegirl loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker likes this.

Vestaswind

Now what would a woman who collects dolls, character dolls have? A doll house of course! This was given to me by my Aunt, fully furnished. I am slowly replacing the new with older things. It's a work in progress. I have lights now I just have to wire them, and re-paper. Not shown here is my mini bisques I now have in there. I am also on the look out for any older doll house people. Finally a home for my old iron furniture.

As excited as I am about decorating my house, my boys swear the wiring will go bad and it will burst into flames. Not a favorite in a house full of boys.

Comments

1. Kimbo, 3 years ago
    I still have my dollhouse that I shared collecting things w/my mom. I'm 42 now and my daughter is 2. I can't wait to play again. Enjoy!
  2. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 3 years ago
    My Granddaughter is now 6 and I'm just going to start re-building one for her....Two words "Battery lights".....
  3. Vestaswind Vestaswind, 3 years ago
    It's been project of mine for awhile now, might as well go the whole nine yards with the electric. Sadly I have no girls so no one here takes an interest in most of my dolls.
  4. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 3 years ago
    Take heart ! I had three sons, then three grandsons.........and finally a grandaughter....and she's not spoiled at all :-)
  5. LilyRoe, 3 years ago
    I have this same dollhouse. It was made by Greenleaf. This company also makes add-ons for all their houses. I added hinges to the roof piece that fits over the attic side to allow better access to the attic. Dollhouses never go out of style and make great family heirlooms. Electricity make them even more special and unique. A nice table with a dollhouse on display is a great addition to a room.
  6. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    Ive always wanted one but 7 kids in possible :)
    Hoping one day.
  7. AnneLanders AnneLanders, 2 days ago
    Fabulous...and don't think those boys don't really appreciate it...they are probably dying to have a play...my grandson is being given a well rounded teaching of masculine and feminine ideals, I've mentioned elsewhere that I've started teaching him china and glass names. There are heaps of male collectors of what is traditionally seen as feminine items...maybe throw in a fridge, a couch, a six pack and tx with a ball game on loop and it might tweet their interest...pls forgive my humour but I really would love to break down these traditional perceptions ...I am however getting resistance from my son about him owning a doll...best I could sneak in was Iggle Piggle with his friend Upsy Daisy...lol..your house is gorgeous....I look forward to seeing the renovations ....have you engaged Sarah Beany?