Mineral water bottle deposit coin (Franken-Brunnen)

In Advertising > Show & Tell and World Coins > Show & Tell.
Advertising1907 of 4685Nixon / Lodge Metal Lapel PinSwann Abram Hat Company "Coin"

miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
peteypetey likes this.
jimborascojimborasco loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker likes this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.

nsvmom

The writing on this is in German.
At the top, there's a star of David.
Down the middle "Trink Franken-Brunnen" (Which, thanks to jonima, I realized that Franken-Brunnen is actually a company name!)
Around the outside :Naturliches Mineralwasser" Natural Mineral Water
On the Back:
Flachen
Pfand
10 Pfg.
Meaning "bottle deposit"

So, "So, Drink Franken-Brunnen Natural Mineral Water"
"Bottle Deposit 10 Pfg"

So, thanks to super sleuthing, we've determined that this is a bottle deposit for Franken-Brunnen mineral water :)

Comments

1. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    translation of german to english
    brunnen = fountain, fountains, well, wells
  2. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    The first word looks like brannen, the only reference to that word is in this link

3. jonima jonima, 2 years ago
    Drink Frakken Brunnen. Natural mineral water.
    Bottle deposit 10 pfennig

Here's their website. You could contact them, and they should be able to tell you exactly when this is from.

4. jonima jonima, 2 years ago
    Sorry, I spelled that wrong. Franken Brunnen.
  5. jimborasco jimborasco, 2 years ago
    Awesome piece of history!
  6. nsvmom nsvmom, 2 years ago
    Ahhh.. no wonder when I tried to have the word Franken translated, it wouldn't come up with anything :) So it's a company! Fantastic, thanks jonima!
  7. nsvmom nsvmom, 2 years ago
    I've updated the item now to show the new info :)
  8. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Until you find info of a token with that name on it, I would keep an open mind to other possibilities.
    When I enhance the image the first letter looks more like a B then an F.
    I could very well be wrong, I'm just saying look for more proof, that it is an F before putting this one to bed.
    I don't mind being proven wrong.

Cheers
  9. nsvmom nsvmom, 2 years ago
    It's definitely an F, it's clearer when you have it in your hand than when it's in a photo. But the letters in the middle are harder to make out, but what jonima posted makes perfect sense. I"m just not sure why the star of David is on there..
  10. jonima jonima, 2 years ago
    Personally, I don't think it's a Star of David. I think it's just a star design.
  11. nsvmom nsvmom, 2 years ago
    Could be.. I'm just wondering, because I believe this is probably WWII era
  12. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    If it is Franken, Franken is German for Franconia a region of Germany.

According to Wikipedia "the city of Fürth in Middle Franconia historically (before the Nazi era) had a large Jewish population"

Did your Grandfather bring this token home from Germany with him?
  13. nsvmom nsvmom, 2 years ago
    I believe so. Most of the coins in my collection are from that time frame, or from those countries involved (some are older).
  14. jonima jonima, 2 years ago
    Franken-Brunnen's headquarters is in Neustadt an der Aisch, according to their website.
  15. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Fürth is on the NW side of Nuremberg, Neustadt an der Aisch is very close apx. 30 km. NW.