LOETZ STREIFEN UND FLECKEN c. 1900

In Art Glass > Loetz Art Glass > Show & Tell and Art Nouveau > Show & Tell.
Loetz Art Glass822 of 1191Loetz Enamel Decorated Vesuvian Vase c. 1910Loetz Orange Mit Schwarzen Streifen Covered Urn

coloricolori loves this.
JustanoviceJustanovice loves this.
cogitocogito loves this.
dlfd911dlfd911 loves this.
LondonloetzlearnerLondonloetzlearner loves this.
famatta127famatta127 loves this.

LoetzBuddies

Wonderful deep green glass with gold / silver stripes and oval dots. I was told this is a Moser design shape. 6 inches high.
Photo 3 shows this exact vase on diplay at the P. G. MUSEUM
courtesy of Deb.
Signed : genuine Loetz Austria.
F.W.F

Comments

1. cogito cogito, 2 years ago
    Nice one. I contacted the seller early to warn about, what I call the "glass scalpers," and asked if he would let the auction ride through to the end. I was one of your underbidders.
  2. Justanovice Justanovice, 2 years ago
    Can I ask cogito what a "glass scalper" is? Sorry to butt in, but I have to learn!!
  3. cogito cogito, 2 years ago
    Unfortunately, it's become fairly standard practice on eBay for any number or type of items for people to contact an auction seller before the auction end to ask if that person would end the auction early and sell the item outright. Essentially, it robs the opportunity for bidding on the item from others who may be interested. I think a way to remedy this clear example of "game theory" behavior is for eBay to be better about educating sellers that they can list items as Buy It Now w/ an "make an offer" option. This way an interested party can contact a eBay seller at any point and either buy the item outright or make an offer that can be either rejected or accepted by the seller.

"Glass (or insert other collecting type here) Scalping" behavior on eBay is perpetuated by a combination of ignorance on the part of the seller (as to the true value of their item) and greed for a quick profit (on both the seller and surreptitious buyer's part). It is poor form that would not be tolerated by the major auction houses.
  4. Justanovice Justanovice, 2 years ago
    cogito, Many thanks for your explanation, very much appreciated!
  5. LoetzBuddies LoetzBuddies, 2 years ago
    cogito : Thanks for the "congrats". I know exactly what you mean about people trying to get sellers on Ebay to sell early. A few weeks ago there was a wonderful piece on Ebay and I contacted the seller asking him to let the auction run to the end and not "cave in" early. He replied that he would never end early. The next morning when I looked for the piece it was gone......" item no longer available". I contacted him again and said "well so much for not ending early". He responded "the offer was really good so I ended it ".
  6. LoetzDance LoetzDance, 2 years ago
    I hope the other piece that you contacted the seller about wasn't the blue Koloman Moser Strieffen und Flecken. That listing was a total sham! This one however is a great piece. I have a photo showing this exact vase in the PGM. If you want me to send it to you let me know. Deb@moltensplendor.com.
  7. LoetzBuddies LoetzBuddies, 2 years ago
    Photo added of my S&F in the PGM.
  8. LoetzBuddies LoetzBuddies, 2 years ago
    On closer inspection in bright light I noticed the green background is textured with an "oil spot" decoration. Wonderful effect.