Monkey Reading Book, Bookend, Just one end, Need something for other End!!!!

In Animals > Show & Tell and Books > Bookends > Show & Tell.
Animals1729 of 2508Ivory ElephantOld Horse Hair Blanket

crayzmunkeecrayzmunkee loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
senchisenchi loves this.
inkyinky loves this.

toracat

I think I was only bidder for this, I did not MONKEY around so I bought it cheap!!! haha, but there is only one part, need something for other end of books!! I do not know where it was made but is quite heavy 4 pounds, and is 11 inches tall. I will probably never get the other 1/2 of this, so I am on the lookout for a bookend for the other end, any ideas? Maybe a man in a cage eating a banana! haha toracat

Comments

1. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    The idea for this must have come from France - back in the early part of the century there were many things monkeys seemed to be able to fit in with, there were even monkey mascots and some were wonderful pieces of art. This is wonderful, seems to be a lot of detail !~Phil.
  2. inky inky, 2 years ago
    I love it, I have a few singles that I have in bookshelf or on a shelf holding up one end!..:-)
  3. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Thanks Phil and inky, it was very dirty when it arrived, I cleaned it and put a little olive oil on it. He is Handsome Monkey now!
  4. inky inky, 2 years ago
    My single bookend sounds like it is, (in my above comment) holding the shelf up, lol!... sorry meant books of course!...:-)
  5. epson233 epson233, 2 years ago
    i have a similar version -- bought it when i was in college -- it was popular then -- of course so was the troll doll and mood rings-- ya i'm not even going to go their with you on that one -- i am sure yours probably inspired the newer version -- but anyway -- it never did have a mate -- was made so you lined your books up against one side of the book case and just kept going with books and then slammed in the little ape -- still have him -- he's heavy enough that even my 7 inch double unabridged dictionary doesn't give him any guff -- still looking for that japanese bracelet of yours
  6. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    It is on top of photo of my son playing basketball!!
  7. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    WOW only one monkey thanks I will not look for another onE haha