Mexican? Folk Ark Stool w/Bowl Top~Applied Design~Heavy & Old,

In Folk Art > Wooden Folk Art Objects > Show & Tell.
Wooden Folk Art Objects198 of 404unknow masksWall Hanging - Artwork

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
Chi-TreasuresChi-Treasures loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

Budek

Happy Holidays All!
I haven't been going around much,( lots of trouble with my left arm, a pinched nerve from an old neck fracture,....on meds and going to therapy ), but I did go out yesterday, and this is one of the more interesting finds.
My guess is that it's Mexican, stands approximately 11 inches high,
the bowl is about 11+1/4 inches in diameter, and the span of the legs is close to 14 inches.
The over-all design is wonderful and appears to be applied cut paper
the front of one of the legs has a different design from the other 3 fronts
also, one side has a figure of some kind
it's bold and beautiful, and by the wear and color on the bottom of the feet looks to be quite old.
Any ideas what it may be?, do you suppose it is Mexican Folk Art after all?

Tony.

Comments

1. Budek Budek, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the love Tony, Amber, Sean, and Blunderbuss!
    and Thank You for the comment Sean
    I hope you're all enjoying the season,
    T
  2. Budek Budek, 2 years ago
    Dear miKKo, Thanks for the love!
    I hope that the season is happy and wonder-filled for you,
    Tony.
  3. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 2 years ago
    Thank you, dear Tony! Best wishes for a joyous and blessed Christmas to Family Budek!! : )
  4. watteau6, 1 year ago
    hi tony, i bought a set of 4 stools 1 table and tablet here in switzerland, and was said, it's peruvian, but a cuban friend also thought it to be mexican. the mark is clearly a K. do you have some more information by now? regards christof
  5. watteau6, 1 year ago
    same form, but all different designs, table oval with four legs.
  6. Budek Budek, 1 year ago
    Dear Watteau,
    Thank You for being in touch, from your comments I've learned that my piece must be a stool,......I wasn't sure of that. Sorry that I have no new information to share with you, but happy to hear that you have several such interesting pieces yourself. If I do learn something more about these pieces I'll surely be in touch.
    Best regards and wishes for a happy and prosperous year ahead,
    Tony.
  7. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago
    beautiful!!
  8. Budek Budek, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love and comment, Sean!
    I hope you're finding some wonderful treasures!