Vintage Yamaha Motocycle

In Motorcycles > Yamaha Motorcycles > Show & Tell.
Yamaha Motorcycles3 of 151967 - Yamaha Motorcycles Sales Brochure1972 Yamaha DS7 250

RonMRonM loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

(1 item)

I've got what I think is a 1971 t0 1974 Yamaha Xs650?
S/N (Y22-604647)
Engine marking reflects 604447

Does anyone help me identify the correct year make and model of this bike?

Best Regards

Michael F Kuhl

1. Bikenstein Bikenstein, 3 years ago
    It may be a 50 but not a 650. I like the old bikes with those leading link front forks
  2. Myvintageyamaha1, 3 years ago
    Right, I guess it wouldn't be a 650. Does it look to be a 1971 or 74 to you?
  3. Bikenstein Bikenstein, 3 years ago
    I can do some research but I would say more like early to mid sixties
  4. Bikenstein Bikenstein, 3 years ago
    I think it is earlier than that. It is a 90cc Yt model I believe. If this link works try it. I'll keep lookin.
  5. Bikenstein Bikenstein, 3 years ago
    Nope, I think it's more like this 1965 YJ1 55cc bike and I'm gettin a deja vu on the fork deal. I don't know why they would use those forks when they already had telescoping ones.;_ylt=A0PDoYDEhsZQPjkAXnyJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?
  6. Myvintageyamaha1, 3 years ago
    Your AWESOME!!

I really appriciate your knowledge and expertise!!!

Wished I knew about the forks, Im learning, thanks to you.

What approximate value would you say??

Appriciate it!!

7. Bikenstein Bikenstein, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the undeserved compliment. I'm not the last word on values but I would say 3 to 600 in present condition. A complete restoration, 2 grand or better. Here is some info on leading and trailing link forks. They do have advantages over telescoping forks but also have disadvantages.
  8. Myvintageyamaha1, 3 years ago
    :) Im considering a restoration but may sale for someone else to restore. Again I appriciate your help on this, now I know what year make and model the bike is. With this info I can move forward. The link on the forks is very helpful too.

9. Bikenstein Bikenstein, 3 years ago
    Michael, you can get a lot of satisfaction restoring one of these and the engines are simple. There are yamaha clubs and forums online that can help. You should be able to find and download a service manual and parts manual to help. Thanks Bikenstein
  10. Myvintageyamaha1, 3 years ago
    Thats what Im thinking!! Would be a cool project. I'll do some more research and move forward. Thanks a bunch, Bikenstein!!