3 Antique Armenian Books

In Books > Show & Tell.
Books544 of 17191979 island phone bookAllan Murray Map Note Books The World 1941

PhilDavidAlexanderMorrisPhilDavidAlexanderMorris loves this.
PaperHoarderPaperHoarder likes this.
antiquesareamazingantiquesareamazing loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

PaperHoarder

I am hoping somebody on this site can read Armenian because I bought these books and have no idea how to read it myself. Any help with the titles of the books is appreciated.

Comments

1. PaperHoarder, 1 year ago
    Thanks mustangtony!
  2. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    The author of the first one is Arphiar Arphiarean. The only book on the net written by him transliterated into our alphabet is "Karmir zamouc" but I don't think it is your book.
    I have tried to copy and paste an alphabet but it's just not available to me to do a search.
    You might have to contact an Armenian association and mention Arphiarean's name and ask for help.
    I hope this helps you mate.
  3. PaperHoarder, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the help. I tried to research the name you mentioned but could not find much. Is there any way for me to translate the others?
  4. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    I'm still researching the idea of getting an alphabet. I just got one into a document five minutes ago.
    In wikipedia there is this reference to the alphabet:

From there I went to Wiktionary through the letter A:

At the bottom of the page is the full alphabet which can be copied.

You copy each letter into a word document.
    Then copy the word in Armenian and search in Google.
    It would take me a couple of hours to do.

5. PaperHoarder, 1 year ago
    Thanks, I tried that early and it was very time consuming. It was also hard finding the letters. I took your advice and contacted and Armenian society.
  6. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    Arpiar Arpiarian (1851-1908) or Arp?iaryan, Arp?iar (1851-1908)
    Armenian author and activist assassinated in Cairo.

The Arpiarian text is a series of short stories?

7. PaperHoarder, 1 year ago
    Thanks antiquesareamazing
  8. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    I think the third one is "Leran Vogin".
    This means "the spirit of the mountain".
    There is one reference on the net to it as being published in Constantinople in 1920. The author is Sev-vin.
  9. PaperHoarder, 1 year ago
    Thanks again! I tried contacting an Armenian society but they have not responded.
  10. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    I'm on track with the second one too. I think the author is T. rgos and the title begins "Sea King" the last word is a bit of a mystery as yet.
  11. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    That should read T. Argos.
  12. PaperHoarder, 1 year ago
    Thanks! I appreciate it.
  13. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    Wrong! Argos were the publishers. The author's name is Pernet, Artiwr. Nothing really on him save that he wrote several novels in the twenties. This one was published in Cairo in 1926. A big book at 512 pages?
  14. PaperHoarder, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the additional help. I tried to do more research into the books but I have not found anything, except for a book in the library of congress that has the same name stamp as two of my books.
  15. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    You're welcome. I've enjoyed the challenge and have learnt some more about the potential of my iPad over the desktop. I found some ways of typing in Armenian:
  16. PaperHoarder, 1 year ago
    I am glad you are enjoying it! You have been more of a help than the Armenian societies.
  17. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    No help yet on the PH?
  18. PaperHoarder, 1 year ago
    I have been able to get more information from an Armenian Society at Harvard.