Cave People Help!

In Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Art Glass6114 of 9998GERMAN JUGENDSTIL: STEIGERWALD, SCHLIERSEEKRALIK TRI-MOUTHED SPATTER VASE

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
austrohungaroaustrohungaro loves this.
subversivegrrlsubversivegrrl loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.

AmberRose

I found this couple yesterday, taped together at the thrift. They have me stumped. There are no markings anywhere. Scandinavian? Blenko? Viking? I can't find anything close to them anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Oh, and the last picture is another paperweight I picked up. (assuming cave people are paperweights...they can stand up but not well) Opalescent sea shell. Don't think particularly old, just kind of like it.

Maybe I picked up three paperweights as I have weight on my mind? Fatty December equals painful January...

Comments

1. epson233 epson233, 2 years ago
    oh you again -- you always find some of the most beautiful items -- i want to come along -- wish i could help with info -- but not my area of specialty -- but i know purdy!!!!! and these are very pretty
  2. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 2 years ago
    the female looks like a "venus figurine" but a modern version in glass.

3. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    GSOwl, interesting. Maybe a new angle to pursue as I still am not close.
    Epson, you are so funny. Come to Chicago for a visit and ill show you my thrift stomping grounds...I'm sure there are other things to do here too.
    Thank you V, Tony and Sean...all thoughts or theories appreciated.
  4. epson233 epson233, 2 years ago
    love your great city -- did a lot of business there in the 90s when i was with sandoz pharmaceuticals -- great libraries, theaters etc etc -- if ted and i come that way with the motor home will let you know -- have a great weekend kido
  5. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    Epsom, I was just joshing. Love Chicago!
    Hi Eye4! Looked at that angle too. No go. How you feeling? Cold gone?
    Would love to get that bucket out to you.
  6. bratjdd bratjdd, 2 years ago
    LOL! AmberRose, I am with you painful January, Great find!!!
  7. subversivegrrl subversivegrrl, 2 years ago
    I feel pretty certain they're not Blenko, Viking or some other US co. I'd be leaning heavily toward Scandinavian as well - some European maker, for sure. You might try posting pics on the glassmessages.com site - they're mainly focused on Euro glass and there's a good chance someone could recognize them or be able to give you something further to go on.
  8. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    Thanks Subversive. I am still at a loss but am absolutely leaning toward the Euro as well. I was thinking Viking for a short time because they often surprise me. I can't seem to find naked cave people anywhere : )))
    I will check out your website, thanks for the tip.
  9. Budek Budek, 2 years ago
    Hubba, Hubba! These two are just too awesome!
    definitely have that Nordic look to them
  10. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    Budek, I know, but can't find a trail on these guys.
    JayHow, thanks! Remember I went to five places with nothing to show for it, until I ran into these two. Lately I'm not finding much. Waiting patiently for spring cleaning season.
  11. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Leaning Swedish now...Bergdala?
  12. subversivegrrl subversivegrrl, 1 year ago
    I have an ID for you! One of the members of Modish posted a pic of the male figure with box from Royal Krona - I don't know if you're a member there, but here's a link to the post:

13. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Subversive you are great!! Thank you so much! Yea!! You rock!!!