Imperial Candlewick- Round Glass Plater

In Glassware > Imperial Glass > Show & Tell.
Imperial Glass22 of 51Imperial Candlewick Candy Dish 'Monticello Ringing Rock' Center Bowl by Imperial Glass

Posted 1 year ago

debbiet

This round glass plater has these little glass balls attached. It is delicate and fancy. I believe it is a cake platter. After looking at it closely I believe it is a Imperial Candlewick platter. Probably given to my mom for her wedding in the 1950's.

Comments

1. markallencincy, 1 year ago
    It is the Candlewick pattern by Imperial
  2. TallCakes TallCakes, 1 year ago
    I think this looks more likely a recent Candlewick lookalike. Try a google image search for beaded edge plate or charger and there are numerous similar available. The beads/balls of the Candlewick beaded edge are not so perfectly spherical as these.
  3. TallCakes TallCakes, 1 year ago
    no, there are new pieces currently on the market that look more like these. The Boopie pieces have bigger beads.
    one reference: http://www.eventsourcesolutions.com/products/crystal-with-gold-beaded-edge-charger-plate.html

other Candlewick lookalikes here: http://www.candlewicklookalikes.com/Page2.html
  4. debbiet debbiet, 1 year ago
  5. markallencincy, 1 year ago
    How many inches in diameter?
  6. debbiet debbiet, 1 year ago
    15 inches
  7. TallCakes TallCakes, 1 year ago
    I agree that it could Imperial Candlewick. It is just one of those things that is hard to say from photos alone. The beads do vary in size and uniformity throughout the Candlewick line. If someone has a catalog perhaps they could check sizes to verify. Unfortunately the online catalog once available is no longer.
  8. debbiet debbiet, 1 year ago
    Thank you I think it is probably a true piece since it has been around my house for a long time. My mom collected antiques but this was maybe a gift to my mother and father when they got married in the 1950's. My mom would put cakes on it for our birthdays. The glass balls like alike to me but under a magnifier they don't look uniform. Thank you for all the information.
  9. markallencincy, 1 year ago
    My reference book lists an 11,14 and 17 inch size but no 15 inch
  10. TallCakes TallCakes, 1 year ago
    R does list a 14 5/8" torte plate. Exact measurements are often critical yet often listings and references only list general rounded dimensions.
  11. debbiet debbiet, 1 year ago
    Yes it is 14 5/8
  12. TallCakes TallCakes, 1 year ago
    it is most likely the Imperial Candlewick torte plate; the 1950s date is consistent with production. The Imperial Glass catalog that I have only has a couple of pages of Candlewick and doesn't have sizes listed on most of those pieces.
  13. markallencincy, 1 year ago
    I would agree, it is more than likely the Torte plate
  14. debbiet debbiet, 1 year ago