Down on the farm

In Photographs > Show & Tell.
Photographs937 of 2752Royal Navy  Stokerstereo camera part?

vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
Lisa-lightingLisa-lighting loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

walksoftly

Photo of my Maternal Grandfather, standing on right side, seated below him is his sister & her youngest son, her husband is gent in the middle.
Seated on the left is "Granny" with her oldest grandson. Standing on the left is my Great Grand father.
This photo was taken in the spring of 1908.
My grandfather immigrated to Canada in 1906, the rest of the family followed in 1907.

Comments

1. Lisa-lighting Lisa-lighting, 1 year ago
    How wonderful. What a treasure. The photo is so clear. I wonder who was behind the camera?
    Sincerely,
    Lisa
  2. kerry10456 kerry10456, 1 year ago
    Great piece of "Family" history, David. Thanks for sharing
  3. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks Lisa for the love & the kind words, I do feel so fortunate to be the caretaker of so many family treasures.
    There is so much to see in the old photo's, looking at my grandfather I can see my older brother in the way he stands.
    Did you see the baby's toes?
  4. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love kerry, I'm glad others appreciated the " Family" history.
  5. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love, mustang, vetraio, & b'buss.
  6. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 1 year ago
    Wonderful photo, walksoftly! I suspect that the children aren't wearing hats because they wanted to capture their likenesses in their entirety. Looks cold.
  7. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks mikko for the love & the kind words.
    Cold is a relative term, after a long cold winter those first warm days of early spring are something to be relished.
  8. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love, toolate & pw-collector.
  9. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Absolutely wonderful photograph, a perfect keepsake of your family.
  10. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love, mikko, trunkman, & musikchoo.
  11. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 1 year ago
    Very nice...and it's good that your forebearers marked down who is in the photo...so many of such pictures lack identification of the subjects, thus creating a real mystery.
  12. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love on this one Phil, & I couldn't agree with you more!
  13. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love Bellin, I appreciate it!
  14. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love on this one Ted, we are lucky!
    My mother always had a keen interest in her fathers heritage & photo & postcard collection.
    She sat down at the kitchen table with him one day & wrote on most of the items.
  15. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love on this one, bratjdd & inky!
  16. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    What a great photo I love it . I just stopped to say hi and amm still down for the count . No one wants this Flu ! It is spreading fast and the flu shots are not helping it . I was in hospital last night to get a breathing treatment and the hospital ER is packed as was the Drs office . Hoping Canada stays safe from this strain on day 8 now . I will be back soon xoxox
  17. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love on this one Sis, rest up & get well, we all miss you.
  18. Hems303 Hems303, 1 year ago
    Thanks for posting David, so nice to have such treasures in the family from that far back! Wish I had the like! Love it!

Steve
  19. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love Steve.
    I'm very grateful to have such a large archive of family photo's, it makes working on the family tree, easier & more interesting!
  20. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks debbiepike54, RonM, official, & petey for showing this photo some love.
  21. Lisa-lighting Lisa-lighting, 1 year ago
    Dear walk softly,
    It is such a lovely photo and in such remarkable condition. Did you restore the image? If not do you know how it was so beautifully protected?
  22. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Hi Lisa
    I didn't do any restoration on this photo, we are just very fortunate that it has survived unscathed all these years.
    Grandpa kept all his treasures locked up in his top dresser drawer, he would open it up once in a while to show his kids & other family members.
    There are some that are not in as good a condition as this one.

Thanks Lisa
  23. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    That is really a beautiful photo! With History also!
  24. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love & the comment toracat, it means a lot to me.
  25. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love on this one neat.old.stuff.
  26. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the love Toracat.
  27. walksoftly walksoftly, 5 months ago
    Thanks for the love lagan, Nicole Tony & Sean.
  28. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 5 months ago
    I love old photo's and often wish they could talk. My sisters are doing a family tree and I can't believe the pictures they come up with. Thanks for posting this for all to see.
  29. walksoftly walksoftly, 5 months ago
    Thanks for the love & the nice comment fhrjr.
    I wish they could talk as well, even though they still have something to say.
    Your sisters are lucky to have lots of old photo's to aid them in building your family tree.
  30. walksoftly walksoftly, 5 months ago
    Thanks for loving this again Sis, it's always appreciated.