Share your favorites on Show & Tell


In Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Art Glass4668 of 8628Val St Lambert vase - 1930'snailsea type glass
Love it
Like it

miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 1 year ago


(9 items)

I found this at a resale shop last summer. Hand blown green and brown glass creamer. Penciled marked on bottom with 1954 and 75. I am trying to find the maker and date. Stands about 4" tall and about 3" across the body. Glass is not real thick or real thin maybe aprox 1/32"
Hope someone will recognize this

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. scottvez scottvez, 1 year ago
    This looks like pottery work not glass.

  2. itsforsale itsforsale, 1 year ago
    Scott.. thats what I thought too... but it feels like glass.. looking at the bottom.. with all the bubbles.. led me to think it is glass.. Now I am totally confused.. Thanks for your input!
  3. nldionne nldionne, 1 year ago
    looks like it may be a type of pottery called majolica. very thin and fragile.
  4. scottvez scottvez, 1 year ago
    The fired glaze leaves a glass like surface on the ceramic or pottery object.

  5. itsforsale itsforsale, 1 year ago
    thank you Scott and Nldionne... I know little on pottery.. Always thought majolica was more ornate..... after a closer look at the piece.. at the place where the handle jions the body.. it should be more bulbous ??.. this is very smooth.. almost seamless.. like it was all one piece
  6. scottvez scottvez, 1 year ago
    Yes-- I wouldn't call this majolica either.

    Majolica usually has ornate decorations on the surface.


Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.