Posted 3 years ago
This is an original vintage Master Manufacturing glass quart sized motor oil bottle with a zinc metal spout. Up until the 1950's oil bottles like this one were taken to service stations where bulk oil was dispensed. The front of the bottle is embossed with "Fill To Line" at the neck, below this is an embossed square with "Mass 0-11-B Seal" inside, below this is "One Liquid Quart", below that is "PA Serial M-24, a triangle "64 Minn" inside, a circle with "NC M10 Approved" inside, the lower back of the bottle has "Duraglas" on it, & the spout is marked with patent number "1840283". That patent number was issued on January 5, 1932 to inventor L.E. Anderson. It measures 14 1/4" tall & the base measures 3 15/16" in diameter. It weighs 1lb 11.6oz (780 grams).