miriam haskell seashell pin

In Costume Jewelry > Miriam Haskell Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Miriam Haskell Costume Jewelry10 of 39Early Miriam Haskell Faux Pearl NecklaceEarly Haskell Brooch

blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.

jrfm410

hi I recently got this lovely seashell pin...it says Miriam Haskell and I was wondering if anyone might know a little more about it...I was quite impressed the seashell is still intact and that it may be from the 1950s... the seashell is really in great shape with only a tiny bit of wear to the pin stopper...thank you for looking and I look forward to any comments...love this site!

Comments

1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Appears to be a welk shell.
  2. jrfm410, 2 years ago
    really!? a welk shell...I have never heard of a welk shell...thank you so very much for leaving a comment...now I know what kind of shell it is...have you seen this pin before? I am guessing it may be 1950s but I am not sure...once again, thank you for your comment...love this site!
  3. davyd286, 2 years ago
    How is the shell attached? Glue?
  4. jrfm410, 2 years ago
    yes I think so...I can't see any pins or clips
  5. LAG, 11 months ago
    Lovely Miriam Haskell pin! The shell in question is a - sundial (short common name) or if you want to get technical a Architectonica (class) perspectiva (species). Miriam Haskell did indeed produce seashell jewelry in her day. It may very well be one of her vintage pieces. To be sure someone just didn't glue the shell on to one of her findings (people do it) I would email the company (they still are very much in existence and have a web site and facebook page) a photo and see what they say. It would be interesting to hear from the source. Good luck and tell us all how you made out. ;}