I told you!

In Photographs > Show & Tell.
Photographs1058 of 2863Old Slides? 19th century automobile

Roycroftbooksfromme1Roycroftbooksfromme1 loves this.
pops52pops52 loves this.
Hems303Hems303 loves this.
VontrikeVontrike loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
inkyinky loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

blunderbuss2

Kid got a quad against his mother's wishes & advice. "You're going to kill you're self on that thing". In very short order, it happened. She insisted that it be buried with him. Warning to others? This is in Simpson Bay, St. Maarten.

Comments

1. inky inky, 1 year ago
    Spooky!...:-)
  2. epson233 epson233, 1 year ago
    quads are fun -- but tricky as anything with a short wheelbase is -- they are not toys as many parents sometimes make the mistake and allow children to drive before their motor skills have developed -- seems every year you hear of some child kill with or on a quad -- what amazes me is no license to drive is required even though they are banned from public roads one would think some type of proof for operator skills should be made
  3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    inky, indigenous people on small islands can have bazaar concepts. In all fairness I should add that those of us who migrate here tend to get a bit bazaar too. You are talking to a good example now.
  4. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    By the way Ep, these are allowed on the roads here & on most islands I have been on. If under 50cc, no lic. or tag required. There was a kill rate here for awhile of these & scooters that was about 1 per week! The kids just didn't seem to catch on! I doubt that much more than 10% of the population here has a vehicle or knows how to drive. We deal with a culture that never even invented the wheel & still doesn't know how to use it maturely. The Eskimos never invented the wheel either, - but they didn't need it. Think about that.
  5. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    Sizzler, I mailed you & deleted address but heard nothing. Did you get my mail?
  6. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 1 year ago
    hey ,,,
    got a letter from ...Ralph
    he said he asked you about the book i sent him for you and you said your not waiting on a book ....what up with that ...
  7. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    I had told him a book was coming in the mail for me. When it arrived, he said a book had arrived and asked if it was for me & I told him yes. Maybe he didn't understand 1st time around. Makes no sense & don't know why he would send you a letter. Will contact him again right now.
  8. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 1 year ago
    ok its in your hands now bud...lol
  9. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    Just got notice. He says, "We just figured it out". Think Bob really needs a vacation. Problem is, he will need another vacation after his vacation in St. Maarten during the Heineken Regatta!
  10. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 1 year ago
    Well at lease she wasent going to sell freds dog with the 68 pickup as a package ...lol