Ingersoll child/lady size Mickey Mouse watch

In Wristwatches > Mickey Mouse Watches > Show & Tell.
Mickey Mouse Watches127 of 224US Time 1960s Mickey Watch1971 Ingersoll Mickey Mouse Watch

DeanteaksDeanteaks loves this.
stellersteller loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.

bobogal

I believe this is a 1950s Ingersoll Mickey watch - probably originally for children, but for ladies with a thin wrist, this watch would suit too. I think this is the original band as well. This reminds me of my very first Mickey watch with a red band, when I was 7, so I wear it from time to time still.

Comments

1. bobogal bobogal, 2 years ago
    Thanks mustangtony for the love.
  2. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    These were introduced in 1958, the band is correct, the band(strap) has no stitching, the ones prior to these were stitched. The original packaging was a display with a Mickey statue on a cardboard base with a pop-up slot for the watch. Very nice watch, thanks for sharing. Here's the watch and packaging:
  3. bobogal bobogal, 2 years ago
    Kerry, thanks for sharing the link. It was so nice to see the original packaging! I have been tempted to change the strap to a longer leather one because I now wear this on the last hole and I have a small wrist! On the other hand, because it is the original, I feel I need to keep it :)
  4. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    If your going to wear it, I'd change the strap out, but save the original, if you wish to display the watch later. You're very welcome and again thanks for sharing yours.
  5. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    The reason for taking the band (strap) off if your going to wear , is these style bands were not made very well, they seperate, usually from the pins towards the ends.
  6. bobogal bobogal, 2 years ago
    Kerry you are exactly right. Mine had already started separately, I used super glue to glue them back :)
  7. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    Yep, that's the downfall of the "New and Improved" version of the red straps, ;-)
    Just for reference, you can click on my name and when it takes you to my page, click the" See all"(in blue) and you'll see most every pre-1971 Mickey and Minnie watch, feel free to browse and comment on any and all.
  8. bobogal bobogal, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the tip Kerry, I sure will do that. I learn something new every time! This week I have some time on my hands as I am on medical leave recovering from an impacted wisdom tooth operation. I hope you enjoyed your time off I believe you said you were taking last week :)
  9. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    Took 17 days lol, no health issues, had time on the books, and they're closing the payroll out for the year, use or lose it. Wish you a speedy recovery.