Vintage Imperial Glass Co. Grape Decanter/Vase

In Glassware > Imperial Glass > Show & Tell.
Imperial Glass28 of 59Imperial Glass Medicine BottleImperial Candlewick Candy Dish

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
antiquesandcollectibles38antiquesandcollectibles38 loves this.
inkyinky likes this.

dustbunnymom
(1 item)

Vintage glass decanter with grape pattern. Maker's mark (letter G with stylized I) on bottom, grayish brown color. This 9 1/2" decanter is approximately 5 1/2" wide. It belonged to an aunt of mine from Oklahoma, who loved collecting vintage glass. I like having it on the dining room table after noon, when the sun comes in and shows all of the detail of the decanter. I just wish I knew the age of the decanter. And the actual color. I've found a pair and a single milk white of the same pattern, but none include dates.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. TallCakes TallCakes, 2 years ago
    The pattern is Imperial Glass #477 and was made for a long time in many colors. The superimposed I over G mark is from around 1951 thru around 1977 when the company was sold to Lenox and an L was added to the mark. But this isn't a grape pattern; it is called Loganberry. It is hard to tell the color but it looks like a brown from the photos.
  2. TallCakes TallCakes, 2 years ago
    should also add that the IG catalog calls this a blown vase; tho' the rim is flared and crimped on your piece.
  3. dustbunnymom, 2 years ago
    Wow! Thank you!
  4. TallCakes TallCakes, 2 years ago
    you're very welcome, happy to help
  5. antiquesandcollectibles38 antiquesandcollectibles38, 2 years ago
    I love your vase !! I have the same exact design in white porcelain!
  6. dustbunnymom, 2 years ago
    I've seen it in green (Ruby Lane), marigold/ruby/blue/clear (eBay), green/blue/white milk glass (Etsy, eBay), green/red/blue carnival glass (Ruby Lane, Pinterest, eBay), with prices listing from about $10 to about $180 for the ruby red vase. It was obviously a very popular vase. The white milk glass is a really beautiful look!