Coca-Cola Hand Truck

In Coca-Cola > Show & Tell.
Coca Cola725 of 2413coca cola german tin sign64 pc puzzle...

leighannrnleighannrn loves this.
LongingsLongings loves this.
EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
egreeley1976egreeley1976 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
trukn20trukn20 loves this.
pickrknowspickrknows loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Baz

Hello. Not a Coca-Cola collector...just a picker. Can anyone give me any info on this?

Year? Rarity? Desirability? etc

Sorry, that the pictures got rotated. Not sure why that happened.

Thanks all
Baz@earthlink.net

Comments

1. fifties50s fifties50s, 1 year ago
    hello, this site is for collectors, not to helping pickers making money...
  2. Baz, 1 year ago
    My apologies. I thought it was place for like-minded (nice) people to exchange and share information on pieces like this.

I also thought it might be of interest to the coke collectors.

Hopefully I wasn't wrong on both counts.
  3. Baz, 1 year ago
    Hi Ray.

Thanks so much for your reply. That's very kind and very helpful. Much appreciated.

The crates are certainly quite old and are marked "Coca-Cola Bottling Los Angeles". The paper crate and the bottle themselves are modern/new.

I have to double-check on the sign but I think it's single-sided.

Thanks again for the info.

4. fifties50s fifties50s, 1 year ago
    fifties50s: you can't solicit to buy or sell on here. Baz is just asking for information.

asking information for how much he can sell it...

why helping a picker by giving him the value of the item so he can sell it at a high price on ebay ? I don't get the point, I like this site to help collectors finding information but helping people making money on item they don't even collect... I don't understand
  5. tastouzette tastouzette, 1 year ago
    To fifties50s: Your idea of what a collector and what is not is your own. Take me as an example. I collect posters (movie and political) for more than 15 years and have a collection of 5000 pieces, with a lot of desirable items which are the only copy known in the world. I can easily label myself a collector, and I am regarded even as an expert in my field. Nevertheless I know pretty much nothing about metal signs or Coca Cola items. I have bought one because I loved it and posted here as I discovered this forum. Among my different questions about what is this, what date, all infos welcome, I asked also about its rarity and value. To a true collector, value is an element that is as important as others, and desirability of an object is somehow directly linked to its value. The more desirable, the more people want it, the value shows it. And when value is high, desire rises even more. Both aspects feed each other. Value is not something to be ashamed, otherwise there would be no collector at all as usually we have to buy what we like. I understand that this place is not about selling at all. But asking what may be the value of an item seems to me a perfectly legit and acceptable question. Only my opinion. Besides every collector has started one day with one piece he has "picked" and then caught the virus...
  6. Baz, 1 year ago
    Thanks s much for your thoughtful and intelligent comments. I certainly didn't mean to stir up any controversy here.....I was simply trying to get some background on a piece that I hadn't been able to find much info on.

And although it's true that I buy and sell lots of different items via Craigslist and Etsy (mainly mid century furniture, industrial pieces, pop culture items and some movie industry props) I am also a collector of vintage match strikers and french water jugs and ash-trays etc.

Down the line I may want to open my own store and I am keeping several of the items that I have "picked" up to use as retail display pieces. The coca-cola hand-truck would be one of the items that would look great in the store if I ever get my dream off the ground.

Anyway - I appreciate very much your support in the comments above. I personally have always believed that the more sharing and the more inclusive we are, will lead to a better and more prosperous place for all.

Hopefully the next time someone asks a simple question, 50fifties will take a moment and realize that it doesn't actually hurt to to help out another person rather than being negative and defensive. And it might actually make you feel quite good : )

Sincerely
    Baz
  7. tastouzette tastouzette, 1 year ago
    You're welcome Baz.
    My collector's life wouldn't have been the same if there were no sellers in front of me. So I guess I love greedy pickers. They didn't steal their merchandise and are offering the world new pieces to collect. So you're welcome. Hope you will open your store and can even write a sign "Fifties50s is welcome here, you can buy from me." :)
  8. fifties50s fifties50s, 1 year ago
    I don't want to be rude, it's just that everytime i went to this website i see people asking for value of their item to put them at high prices on ebay,

as written on the collectorsweekly rules "Don’t post items that are for sale anywhere, be it a live auction, eBay, Etsy, craigslist, etc."

"Don’t try to buy, sell, or advertise items or services."

"Can you help me sell my antique item? Sorry, but we can’t help you sell your item. We aren’t appraisers, dealers, or auctioneers. We also can’t give you advice about where to sell your item or what it might be worth."

I like people showing items they found for their collection, seeing what other like to collect and share information with passionate persons, but helping pickers making money on collectors I'm not really a fan of that,

but I think that coca cola rack is fantastic and it is sure the 1st item of your coca cola collection and it's a wonderful find for a collector, I hope you'll keep it for your collection
  9. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 1 year ago
    Don't worry ,5o's comes from the oldgas forum,where they bite off every bodies head for questions they don't like!