Old Costume Jewrely Necklace

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Jewelry Necklaces > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry Necklaces280 of 538Unusual Chainlink Necklace with Pearl ClustersVintage Glass Beads on Wire

miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

roadside

I picked up this old necklace and I am hoping someone out there can help me identify the makers mark, and the style if possible. I don't know if the pendents were made to hold something or if they were just for looks. As you can see in the pictures the pendents separate. It weighs 42 grams and looks to be very well made. All the links are soldered. I do not think it is silver, because there is no silver marks that I can see. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

1. roadside, 2 years ago
    Could they be Bali balls ?????????
  2. roadside, 2 years ago
    Thanks mustangtony!!!
  3. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    They could be scent boxes, for perfume. They were added to the necklace actually, they're from SE Asia or India or something, and the necklace is European or American
  4. roadside, 2 years ago
    Thanks Stillwater, I am looking into Perfume Scent Diffuser. It could very well be, but I don't' see why you would have 5 on one chain. What makes you say the necklace is European or American?
  5. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    Well like I said, they aren't original to the necklace, so it wasn't made to have 5 on one chain. And why not have 5?

The chain is American or European because the hallmarks are in English. The balls are characteristic of India, SE Asian, or Mexican work, those little florets are the giveaway. Hard to tell from the photos if its silver or plated brass. I see brass on the internal screw and I think I see it showing through on the florets.