Another secondhand store find

In Glassware > Cut Glass > Show & Tell.
Cut Glass111 of 316Etched Stemware German Unknown label???Stemware find

maryh1956maryh1956 likes this.

Posted 1 year ago

deepher2000

Any information anyone has on this piece I would appreciate it. I bought it at a secondhand store for a few dollars

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    No markings I assume? Is there a press line? Feel/look/sound like good crystal?
  2. deepher2000, 1 year ago
    Not sure what a press line is. This is my first day using this site. Trying to learn as I go. No markings or seams that I can. I have a camera phone but will try to upload two more photos.
  3. allirish, 1 year ago
    Hi. Very pretty. A press line would be to tell if the bowl is pattern glass or cut glass. Once you hold cut glass and then pattern glass you will be able to tell the difference.
    Need to see a picture of the whole thing though to try and possibly figure out maker and pattern. I'll look for you though.
  4. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Thank you allirish, took the words right out of my typing fingers.
  5. deepher2000, 1 year ago
    Here is what I think is a better pic. It is heavy. I don't see any seams in it.
  6. allirish, 1 year ago
    AmberRose, Great minds think a like. LOL!

deepher2000, It certainly looks like it may be cut glass, however, I don't know if it is American cut glass. There are so many different patterns and companies who made American Brilliant Cut Glass it's hard to put a name on your piece.

Another thing you can do is hold it up to the sun light. If it is cut glass it will show a prism effect. Also even though you don't see a signature there may be one. They can be so light and in such obscure places that you really have to search the piece of over more than once. Personally I use a magnifying glass when looking. Hope this helps some.
    I will look through some of my cut glass books over the next couple days and look for the pattern.
    Let me know about the sun test though, please.
  7. deepher2000, 1 year ago
    Thanks for any help. I am trying to learn myself about vintage glass. I paid $5 for it and thought it looked nice but wanted to to try to learn more about it. So, any info is appreciated. I didn't even know until this post that there is cut glass and pattern glass. All very interesting! I thought for $5 I'd serve salad in it if nothing more and it turns out to be just a plain glass bowl.
  8. deepher2000, 1 year ago
    I'll hold it up to light tomorrow and get back to tell you.
  9. deepher2000, 1 year ago
    Ok, I see rainbow colors in the facets. And there are some small bubbles in the glass too. Sorry, it took me long to get back with you!
  10. deepher2000, 1 year ago
    I uploaded a new pic with a small bubble
  11. mark mark, 7 months ago
    It is newer, import glass from Europe. It is not American cut glass.