Antique Opal Seed Bead Necklace 14k (2.5-3mm)Fiery Lavender

In Fine Jewelry > Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry304 of 451Antique French Victorian Carved Cameo Marcasite Silver BroochAntique Victorian Micro Mosaic Royal Blue Gilt Panel Bracelet

wksgibsonwksgibson loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
debbiepike54debbiepike54 loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
amandabunsamandabuns loves this.

Moonstonel…

This is one of my special hidden Fab Finds! This is a Victorian or earlier Natural Lavender (the colour is like a Royal Purple) Opal Bead necklace that measures 19.25 inches and each Opal is 2.5-3mm and the clasp was a later addition and is 14k Filigree...in Mint condition and I do wear it often...and feel extremely blessed to find such a rare gem.....this will be passed onto my youngest as this is her birthstone...hope you enjoy!

Comments

1. amandabuns amandabuns, 2 years ago
    Gorgeous!
  2. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    Thank you...
  3. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    You have the best stuff!!! I love everything. These just glow! Beautiful. As I told Agram (check out her collection, you will love) I want to come over and play dress up!
  4. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    I would love that! I live in Southern Cali :) I like your taste also! I read your Bio...good stuff! I respect your opinion! I am an avid collector and all the incredible pieces come to me ...and stay! Where are you?
    Lee
  5. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    I'm a Chicago gal. Baby sister is in San Francisco so maybe in your area? I am thinking of trying to get CW friends to converge somewhere this summer. Giant vintage market or...suggestions? I have to post some cinnabar I recently bought. Nothing near you beautiful pieces, but the color!
  6. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    OMG I would love to be involved! Yes that's a date! The Rose Bowl in Pasadena...they have an Antique Swap Meet once a month...I have never been ..would Love to go! I have some Cinnebar! But not a collection...trying to get rid of! A bracelet and pendant...lol
  7. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    Ha ha ha. I will email Hunter who I believe is a founder of CW and see if we can get the ball rolling. It would be so great to meet folks.
  8. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    Awesome...what ever you need me to do...I will! Thank you for considering me...I am honoured! I am self taught and willing to learn more! WOW!
  9. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    I will take you up on that! Talk to you soon, good night!
  10. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    Good night!
  11. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    Its a new necklace actually, see how the string is brand new and clean? The clasp is also very recent.
  12. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    Still its very lovely, very desirable piece
  13. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    Actually, this necklace is over 100 years old and I knew the lady who traded with me. She said this was her Great Grandmothers and passed down. So you might be correct in saying the string is newer...I did say the clasp was later addition. :)
  14. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    I'm going to play devil's advocate jewelry detective here:

The fact that its knotted at every bead makes me wary, usually that is done when the piece is made. Another thing is their clarity, opals become cloudier with age and these have very high translucency.

You said its in mint condition, no wear, no fissures, no scratching? Aside from the story. what is it thats making you think its so old? Because you know what they say, "never, ever buy the story."

In this case you'd look at the beads LAST to tell how old it is, since beads can be made anytime, but we can't go by everything else because its allegedly all been replaced. So what is telling you that its over a hundred years old?
  15. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 2 years ago
    Magnificent!!! : )
  16. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    Thank you birdie, and miKKoChristmas11 for the loving!!!!
  17. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    Manikin, thank you for your loving xoxoxoxo
  18. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    vintagemad, thank you for the loving xoxoxoxo
  19. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    miKKoChristmas11, sorry did not catch your comment ...they are out of this world...xoxoxoxo
  20. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    miKKoChristmas11, thank you for your loving xoxoxoxo
  21. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 2 years ago
    Thanks so much, Moonstonelover!!! They're spectacular indeed! I understand. I don't have the strength right now to check my own listings. Just saw your comment, and had to visit, and then I got lost - as per usual - in your kingdom of fine jewels. Have to make a quick visit to dear Manikin's page and then the arms bid me sign off. Take care! : D
  22. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    miKKoChristmas11, thank you for taking the time to look at my postings!!! I am ever so grateful :))) I am a humble collector...and love what I do. I also love to make others happy .... please keep smiling and know that we are a click away!!!
    Lee :))
  23. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Athena05, thank you for the loving !!!
  24. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Nadia, XOXOXO
  25. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    I so love this one.
  26. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Nadia, we know u have exquisite taste. I feel like the glassware I am starting to collect is like fine gemstones. I have this in the safe. I used to wear it all the time. Xoxoxo
  27. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Wow, huge compliment, thank you... I LOVE your jewelry AND glassware...
  28. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Nadia, I love your kitties and you even more gorgeous. Xoxo
  29. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Thanks love :)
  30. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 11 months ago
    aldo78, XOXOX
  31. kyratango kyratango, 8 months ago
    Uuuhuhuhu... WANT THEM! :-))
  32. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 7 months ago
    kyratango, I love this necklace too...it looks amazing on...XO