Old Bar Room Photos....

In Breweriana > Show & Tell and Photographs > Show & Tell.
Breweriana491 of 1558Bar Room PhotoOld Bar Room Photos....

eye4beautyeye4beauty loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
jameyrdjameyrd likes this.
oldbeeroldbeer likes this.
filmnetfilmnet loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
DinoManDinoMan loves this.

Ted_Straub

The first is a post bowling match gathering at Straub's Bar. Then we have one of the regulars, and third is a New Year's party! 6 bottles of beer for a buck!?!?!?

Bowling, smoking, drinking...how much more 60s can you get than that!

Note the Utica Club six price $1.25, and three quarts of Valley Forge for a buck!!!!

Comments

1. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Thanks, DinoMan....I am glad to have found, and then been able to post these photos!!!!!!
  2. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    The center photo is cool!
    The lady in the third photo looks like she is being held at gunpoint..lol
  3. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Thanks, walksoftly....

My Father took the center picture....he was pretty creative, and I think that if he had the opportunity, he could have found himself in a job in one of the arts... Maybe I should submit that photo for him in a contemporary photo contest!

Re: the lady in the photo...you are right, she does look like she's "under the gun"! There are a few other photos of her that I have found, and in those she looks "stressed" too. I'll have to show that photo to my older sister, maybe she can clarify this for us!!!
  4. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    I love old photos, you can't stop your imagination from trying to wrap a story around the image.
    I think the cool guy is an undercover cop who's trying to keep his identity hidden, even what can see of his features is hard to read.
  5. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the love and for the comments, Bellin...

The original slides are from the late 50s, early sixties, and I am surprised and elated that they have held up so well over the years!
  6. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Yeah, walksoftly....I remember that guy well, even though i was quite young. He was sort of a sharpie, and all of the kids looked up to him. Not a bad guy, though.

And true, seeing such old pictures does stir one's imagination! It would be neat to compare our imagined stories with someone who was actually there at the time...just to see if our ideas were correct....better yet, to find out the actual story!!!
  7. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Hi, eye4beauty...thanks for your love on these photos, and for your thoughtful comment. This is unbelievable in contemporary times, but my parents bar didn't even have a regular phone to summon the lads home!

The wives would show in person, looking for their husbands. Such quaint anachronisms (among other things) were the things that characterized neighborhood bars back in the day!

Yikes, your question really did jog my memory re: "the old days"!!!!!
  8. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 4 days ago
    Great old photos. My Mom worked as a barmaid for years and sometimes she would take me with her. I have many fond memories of that place!
  9. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 4 days ago
    Thank you, nutsabota…your love and comments are appreciated!

I am glad that these images have recalled good days for you!

Have a good day….Ted
  10. eye4beauty eye4beauty, 4 days ago
    Love the photos .... Where is the phone ? ... On of my favorite joints was named "He's Not Here Bar and Grill"
  11. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 4 days ago
    Good morning, eye4beauty! Ha, ha…..no phone there until about the early seventies!

The bar had a generic name, "Straub's Cafe"… but my aunt worked at a place at the corner of Abbot Rd. and Dash St. in Buffalo, which was called, fittingly enough, The Dash Inn. As kids we would say…"Dash Inn, and stagger out!"

Thank you for your much appreciated input…..Ted
  12. eye4beauty eye4beauty, 4 days ago
    Love that one too ... Just realized ... Comment #7 ... Looks like I mentioned the same thing 2 years ago ... What did the regulars call your place ?