Cranberry and Vaseline Salt in silver holder.

In Kitchen > Salt and Pepper Shakers > Show & Tell.
Salt and Pepper Shakers169 of 311Pink and Blue salt and pepper shakersHandmade Wooden Salt and Pepper Shakers

miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
scottvezscottvez loves this.
PerfumerPerfumer loves this.
debbiepike54debbiepike54 loves this.

allirish

Purchased at a local estate recently. I haven't had time to clean the silver (or silver plate not sure) but it is still pretty. I love this color and the vaseline colored filigree around it too.

Comments

1. Perfumer Perfumer, 2 years ago
    Gorgeous! Love the double layer of rigaree; and the frame! Really nice! What are the dimensions?
  2. allirish, 2 years ago
    Thank you for the love scottvez, Perfumer, debbiepike54 and mustangtony.

Perfumer, I called it filagree. Shows you how much I know. Measurements of the glass is 5" in diameter and approximately 2 1/4" tall. The stand is 6 1/2" wide from one end of the handle to the other end. It's marked H H & S Sheffield 642 and then there is another H. I believe it is Henry Hobson & Sons but honestly I do not know if it silver or silverplate.
    Normally when I get something silverplate it says so or quadrupleplate, etc... This piece doesn't say anything and I don't see any markings for silver. It cleans up real nice with silver cleaner but I don't think that means anything.
  3. Perfumer Perfumer, 2 years ago
    Really pretty! With those dimensions it may be a Bon Bon dish or a marmalade dish, probably from England. A lot of my stands are EPNS, electro plated mickle silver I believe, some are silver plate as well, a very nice piece! And definitely no expert, just my opinions. Have a great day!
  4. allirish, 2 years ago
    Perfumer, Thank you for the information, it is very much appreciated. I had no idea where it was from so you have given me a good point of reference. Thank you also for having it put into the correct category (I think you did that for me)?

Bellin..Thank you also. You're such a sweetie.
  5. Perfumer Perfumer, 2 years ago
    No, The experts at CW did that, I believe; I know they have redirected several of mine-LOL!! I have trouble with categories all the time; I would have put this in Art Glass myself!! :) And you are welcome for the little I know!