Czech Deco Exported Glass Collection On Display... some of it anyway :)

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass2108 of 3157Help... Czech or not????Franz Welz - Glasmarken Lexikon

kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
AlfredoAlfredo loves this.
fishiowafishiowa loves this.
GreatsnowyowlGreatsnowyowl loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
charcoalcharcoal loves this.

czechman

This is how i display most of my Czech Deco art glass collection.. would love to have built in display case where these two shelves sit in my living room near the fireplace....... just wanted to share how i dispaly part of my collection.. i hope everyone is having a great day :)

Comments

1. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks charcoal
  2. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks leah
  3. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago

The Limonade Brault is just enchantingly cool!
    And the collection is not static either.

Love the whole thing!
  4. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 2 years ago
    Those are great shelves with a fantastic colorful collection. It does look like you have an excellent set up to add in built ins. You should do it!
  5. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    many thanks bratjdd, v50 thanks i LOVE my mermaids, have had them for about 15 yrs now..Alisa thanks as well, i have wanted to do it for years.. it is the PERFECT set up for built in display.. thanks for the poke towards doing it :)
  6. LoetzBuddies LoetzBuddies, 2 years ago
    Wonderful colors.
  7. fishiowa fishiowa, 2 years ago
    Beautiful display. I think either way you go would be fine, the glass really shows when sitting out and from any angle. I have mine in curios and some is always hidden. If you built in displays, would you go up higher? You have great taste (I see 5-6 pieces just like mine).
  8. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks loetzbuddies and fishiowa, i would prob go a bit higher.. thank you for the lovely compliment
  9. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks so much sean :)
  10. Mac63 Mac63, 2 years ago
    Built-ins with lighting would look great but what you have right now is beautiful too. Really nice Gary!
  11. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    Sean thanks so much thats an awesome thing to say!

mac thanks as well... i LOVE my open shelves, it's the cleaning part i dislike! you can only do so much every other day or so with a swiffer duster but once every 2-3 months i take it all down and clean eqach piece and then the glass shelves..it's a half a day ordeal! i fugure the enclosed display built in would cut down on my cleaning. thanks
  12. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks alfredo and justanovice
  13. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    many thanks phil, walksoftly, debbiet and ronm
  14. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
  15. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks kyle
  16. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks famatta127 and macart
  17. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks forewhales, poop and inky
  18. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks beyemvey
  19. Lisa-lighting Lisa-lighting, 2 years ago
    How beautiful! You really do have an amazing eye and such restraint. That is the part I envy the most. The ability to show those things that you have on display properly by not having everything out is something I long to do. It is much much less dusting and cleaning when the collection is enclosed. But visually you do loose something. Lighting is fun though. I use both little LED pucks and the little thin sticks in my cases. Now if I could just practise some of your visual talent and not need to have as much as possible in the cases. ;o) I start out with each shelf looking like a story and each shade having it's space and the necessary negative space but then the postman comes or I have something follow me home and those negative spaces disappear. I just can't bring myself to choose who might live in a box for a while. You would think they were puppies. :O) The only way I can properly share my collection is to finish shooting better images and add to my collection page. That way all is neat and tidy and I can do close ups. I will make a point of taking advantage of all our sunny days or perhaps exploring better lighting for those cloudy days. Thank you for for the inspiration, Czechman. I really appreciate you and Mac sharing your beautiful displays. They add so much to your lovely rooms. Why even a person who didn't love art glass or know anything about it could enjoy it the way you present it. Wizards you are!
    Sincerely,
    Lisa
  20. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    Lisa, Thanks you so much.. i really do appreciate your comment :) i have also added two more pics of two other glass dispaly's i have.. these house my "precious" pieces.. thanks again
  21. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    Two new photos added
  22. Lisa-lighting Lisa-lighting, 2 years ago
    Oh my goodness. I just love the perfect case, complete with fabulous lamp on top!! And again what a perfect display in both cases. I am positively green. If I could display my collection even half as well, I would be thrilled. Thank you so much for sharing. You are truly an inspiration. And you have proved Browning right again for me. My reach should and does exceed my grasp. Sorry for the poetic license. ;o)
  23. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 2 years ago
    I love the deco cabinet!
  24. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    im blushing lisa ;)... alisa, thank you i love my cabinet too.. im actually going to replace it with a much larger modern display case.. i should have it in a few weeks.. i hope.. must find a new spot for the deco cab.. thanks for your love
  25. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 2 years ago
    I understand the need for bigger cabinets :) once you take up this hobby (obsession) there is never enough room!
  26. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 2 years ago
    at least the good thing about it is that it's not just money down the tubes like so many other hobbies.
  27. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    i agree alisa :)
  28. Lisa-lighting Lisa-lighting, 2 years ago
    Oh I hope you find a place of honour for the deco case. It is soo perfect for your deco glass. And the boys would be so sad to loose their perfect perch too. ;o)
  29. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    lisa, im sure ill "stick" it somewhere..and youre right, the guys belong on this cabinet!... thanks maryh1956
  30. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    many thanks valentino97 and LA_Woman00
  31. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
  32. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks manddmoir
  33. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
  34. scottvez scottvez, 2 years ago
    WOW!

scott
  35. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    many, many thanks scott :)
  36. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
  37. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
  38. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
  39. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks trunkman
  40. czechman czechman, 2 years ago
    thanks jayhow, they are all my fave too many to sy which is on top of the list!.. yest that's a Poschinger
  41. czechman czechman, 1 year ago
    Thanks jmckibben
  42. czechman czechman, 8 months ago
    Thanks Leah
  43. AnneLanders AnneLanders, 7 months ago
    Goodness me....just beautiful. That 3rd cabinet is beautiful, what wood is it? And is it veneered. I think the veneered 20's30s cabinets are incredible and look better than so,I'd wood with the intricacies of the patter nation and matching of the various colour ways. A bugger to find in good condition but obviously yours is. I'd did you buy it new from Maceys last month?lol...just beautiful. And the piece or bronzes on plate you've placed on top draw you in to it so well...

Someone mentioned restraint, I disagree and feel you simply must cull and sent at least 50 percent to the Antipodes for us to share in your experiences...

Magnificent Gary...
  44. czechman czechman, 7 months ago
    Thanks Anne and Paris1925,

Anne.. Thanks so much for the wonderful compliment!! the cabinet is veneered think its like a tiger or burl.. not sure exactly.. pretty much in great condition except for a small piece of veneer missing.. I have since moved this piece to another room and replaced it with a much larger display case.. the bronze item on top is an Art deco Lamp with a Czech glass globe :)
  45. AnneLanders AnneLanders, 7 months ago
    I've heard of burl but not tiger, that must be an American term...it's in great for it's possible age..ah, the plate is a lamp, which explains why it glows ...lol..amazing what you see and don't...is just gorgeous though the cabinet and would be worth a bomb now...it may have been an exclusive department stores display, hard to say,mim not up on the USA made cabinets but just look at that paneling in the back, how the three panels just push the vases back toward the viewer...do you reckon the glass is original or a later addition...I imagine it was probably wood if it's a decor piece ...STUNNING and I want one..we're currently looking for new cabs to add and I'm seriously considering trying to get one that's 20's for the Tango glass as it just makes so much sense to display the way it was intended...

You put so much thought in to your displays..

I see a lot of you also use the black metal cabinets...is that because that look is in now? I often wonder is it because you can then really see the vase without the restrictions of cabinet walls and doors..can you imagine how awesome a clear glass version of your metal stand with clear glass shelves would look? It would make the vases look like they were floating on air..I wonder if this type has ever been made?
  46. czechman czechman, 6 months ago