Ecuador oil painting by Hector Gustavo Moncayo Merino

In Posters and Prints > Show & Tell and Folk Art > Animal Folk Art Objects > Show & Tell.
Posters and Prints498 of 1870Vintage Colonial Williamsburg PrintsAmerican Artist Magazine - 1973 - w/ interesting article on Maxfield Parrish

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
amandabunsamandabuns loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

toracat

Ecuador and the Llamas and Altiplano is really beautiful. Hector Merino is from a family of painters, about the best in Ecuador. He was born in 1943, when in 4th grade he won a UNESCO art contest and showed his art in Japan. I found this at Redwood Gospel Church thrift store for $37.50. Great price! I spent time in Ecuador, and if I return to So. Amer., that is where I would go! About talent, I think there are tow large Moncayo families and they all are pretty good artist! Hector also hides Jesus in some of his paintings. Is Jesus in this one? Thanks for looking!

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    The word Jesus? Or a picture?
  2. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    picture! It can be in rocks, clouds, mountains,etc. The family has http://www.moncayo-art.com look at Hector's and see Jesus! in some He is very good as is the family!
  3. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    I do not see Jesus but wait! I see BELLIN68 with Quaker Oats! joking! haha
  4. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Cuenca is the place to retire in Ecuador! Good theatre, orchestras, food, you can drink the tap water even, It was Inca capitol and later the old Spanish capitol. I read there are 1500 North Americans living there. Very cheap for guys like me! That do not have a huge income. But live like a King on $1500. a month. My retirement is $4800. month, so maybe I go soon!. Rents are low and good market! Chew coca leaves for health!
  5. ho2cultcha ho2cultcha, 1 year ago
    i like cuenca too toracat. i worked in ecuador over a number of years. the last job i had there [92 or 93], i was in charge of the international press for a march of 10,000 indian people from the amazon to quito. it was lots of fun! i worked closely w/ one indian man [luis maldonado] who ended up becoming the interim president a few years ago.
  6. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    You had a great job!! I was a backpacker traveler, many Europeans, Aussies, Canadians, but very few American travelers. Want to go to Ecuador sometime? Don
  7. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    Thanks Bellin68, Your name is Sean? May I call you Sean? Don
  8. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    It is even more beautiful when you are there!