My Mannequin was in New York Follies window Bergdorf Goodman store

In Advertising > Store Displays > Show & Tell.
Store Displays75 of 167 j.c king London. old Mannequin cage for women's tops  Hand mannequin with faux leopard cuff

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
NicoleJerelenNicoleJerelen loves this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Manikin

My Mannequin was in New York Follies window Bergdorf Goodman Christmas window . They re- dressed her as a a girl in Follies with feathers . I had removed her from my posts when I sold her to them . I had no idea they did this . The video is behind scenes preparing for their Christmas window , The mannequin they put in window of mine was found in a barn filthy dirty and missing an arm and who thought she would be a show girl from a farm to a NY window :-) at Bergdorf Goodman store NY

Behind the Bergdorf Goodman Holiday Windows

New York

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Nothing gets us in the holiday spirit quite like the unveiling of Bergdorf Goodman's windows. To celebrate the most wonderful time of the year, we teamed up with the fine folks at Bergdorf's to go behind the scenes and unveil the making of the iconic windows. The Coveteur got an exclusive look at the labor-intensive process of “BG Follies of 2012,” which enlists skilled men and women who sew, spray-paint and sculpt for hours (and hours) on end.
Seeing the BG team hard at work in their studio was really like our own little visit to Santa's workshop; the level of commitment to their craft is unparalleled, and truly remarkable to see in action. We had no idea how much skill goes into the holiday windows until we got to see the whole production come together piece by piece. From the gilded window frames, to the giant silver starbursts and crystal chandeliers, each element of the display worked to capture a theatrical fantasy world straight out of the 1920s. It was equally fascinating to watch the dressing of the mannequins; who knew they required their own make-up artist (false lashes, included)?
Alongside custom gowns by Naeem Khan, and a look straight from Sarah Burton's Alexander McQueen runway, were pieces by the likes of Elie Saab, Marc Jacobs and 3.1 Phillip Lim. We were wowed by the bird's eye-view black-and-white dancefloor, inspired by Marilyn Monroe in Some Like it Hot. With feathers, sequins and jewels, the attention to detail was astonishing: from the mini Ziegfeld Follies showgirls to the Minsky’s Burlesque-inspired mannequin of Sally Rand (wearing fringed Marchesa, no less!). Let’s take a trip back to the 1920s Art Deco era, shall we?

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
  2. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Wow, you saved her life, cleaned her up nursed her back to health & she went on to make her debut in the bright lights of New York.
    Who new she had such lofty goals, way to go Sis.
  3. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Hi Bro isn't it amazing from trash to starlit !!!! Thank you for the love ; We farm girls clean up pretty good :-))))))
  4. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    You're most welcome Sis.
    Yes, cut & polished like a fine gem!
  5. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    She suits the glam perfectly, what a sale to the bright lights of NYC, hope they gave you a nice price. I wish I remembered the other post you deleted better, would be good to compare, wouldn't it be nice if a lot of finds we sold went to B.G.?
  6. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you Bro :-) She was resurrected from being trash to a beauty again and back at work again
  7. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you Phil. The last photo on post is as she was when I sold her . They changed her lip color and did have artists on hand when making mannequin display to re work any of the girls that were in need of glamour make up :-) Thank you for the love
  8. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you so much bellin.mustang and musik :-))))))) I worked hard on restoring her .
  9. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 1 year ago
    She's stunning, Manikin!!! Wonderful that you were able to restore this mannequin her beauty, and that she has since been due respect by Bergdorf Goodman!!! I'm on their email list, so I know what some of those persons who can afford to buy the best are wearing, and so many of their evening gowns are quite beautiful. (Those gowns are quite beyond my budget, but it is exhilarating to see how beautiful they are. I'm also on Neiman-Marcus' email list, although I haven't purchased anything from them in almost thirty years. : o They too recognize beauty.) So glad that the artist and Physician in you were able to resurrect this mannequin to beauty and wholeness. A triumph - again!!!...Now, I wonder what she’ll be wearing next? Take a bow, Manikin!!! : D Hooray!!!
  10. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you MiKKo ! Such kind words . I am delighted she got a new life xoxo
  11. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Wonder if she resides in a penthouse on Park Avenue now, when she is not modelling !~
  12. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    I heard that her & her friends are going to have a new reality show "The real mannequins of New York City"
  13. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    LOL WS That was a good one ! I would watch it :-)
  14. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    I don't know if I would, those reality shows there just so scripted :-))
  15. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
  16. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you ho2cultcha for showing love . You always have the most unique posts and wonderful eye for finding great things !
  17. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you NicoleJerelen , Appreciate your stopping and liking my post :-) come again
  18. lundy lundy, 1 year ago
    awesome manikin ,thanks for the love ,
  19. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you lundy , and musik for appreciating my post :-)
  20. Phatbuddha Phatbuddha, 1 year ago
    From ashy to classy :)
  21. Phatbuddha Phatbuddha, 1 year ago
    Really cool story too
  22. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you Phat ! I appreciate your stopping to put some love on this post . And your right she turned High class :-)
  23. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you Birdie I sure appreciate you enjoying this post and story behind her :-)
  24. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you so much Moonstonelover21 :-)
  25. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    SO BEAUTIFULL. That's what fashion is all about - blending old w/new.
  26. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    valentino97 well said so true the old is new again :-) Thank you for the love !
  27. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    How did I miss this?!?! Wonderful! Farm girl hits the big time.
    Hope you are well Mani
  28. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Hi Amber :-) Thank you ! Yes the farmer turned glamor . Are you as sick of winter as me ? I hope we get a summer this year . Many thanks you's your always a dear !
  29. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Oooofff the wind today froze my bones. I swear it was the coldest day of the year!
    Doing well? Got over that nasty flu? I always eye dolls for you but not in my balliwick so at a loss.
  30. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Amber I had that nasty flu and 2 mo later still have affects of it I hope your doing better . Snow and cold here too but being so close I think our weather is more the same as Sean gets different weather up north from here . Lets hope for spring one day soon :-)
  31. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    I'm sorry I missed this one Mani.
    Je suis fou des folies, moi!
  32. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    vetraio50 Thank you and I also am crazy for the follies :-) Glad you enjoyed a window into the making of a follies display :-)
  33. Manikin Manikin, 10 months ago
    Thank you betweenthelens and moonstone I appreciate the love on her !****