CASCADE glass, Per Lütken (Holmegaard, 1970)

In Art Glass > Scandinavian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Scandinavian Art Glass421 of 929Kaj FranckMID CENTURY MOD SWEDISH ART GLASS Po STROM 1970 VASE

peteypetey loves this.
cobaltcoboldcobaltcobold loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
LondonloetzlearnerLondonloetzlearner loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

austrohung…

This amazing glass is one of the Lütken items I got this Christmas from Carlos. Well... he gave such amazing presents las Christmas!!! Well, I have to say I did my best with my very low budget and he got some great Swedish glass for him.

Unlike most of the Cascade series glasses, this glass is not completely opaque. It is at the top rim, but it looses opacity as it gets closer to the stem. The effect is amazing as you can see all the colour swirls around at every moment. I also like the fact of the colour swirl inside the ball at the middle of the stem.

It stands 16 cm high and unfortunately it's unsigned.

Comments

1. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 1 year ago
    It is magnificent!!! Swoon. I have been looking at Cascade on eBay --- not to buy, but to study, ever since I first saw your Cascade. It's rather scarce, isn't it. By the way, I know I've seen an art glass cheese bell in opaque white glass produced within the last decade. Very similar contours to the one to which I recently compared your Opaline cheese bell. I will let you know if I find it again. It left me very quiet. Quite beyond my budget, but it made me rich just to look upon it. I hope you never run out of magnificent glass to post for us! : )
  2. cobaltcobold cobaltcobold, 1 year ago
    Vertigo! Good for lonely drinkers.
  3. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 1 year ago
    Thanks for all the compliments mikko! :) well, there's still a lot of glass (and a lot of CASCADE items) to be post at CW, so don't worry about it: between my collections and my partner's there will be enough of them for a couple of years!!!

Haha, Cobalt! Even if i use all my jugs and glasses (from time to time) I wouldn't use this one... I'd be scared of breaking it all the time so i wouldn't enjoy my drink! ;)
  4. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 1 year ago
    And thanks bellin, mustangtony, vet, LLL, miKKo and cobalt for your loves!!!
  5. cobaltcobold cobaltcobold, 1 year ago
    Not necessary to drink. You get high from looking at it.
  6. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 1 year ago