Delicate gold and rose cut diamond filigree bracelet

In Fine Jewelry > Fine Jewelry Bracelets > Show & Tell.
Fine Jewelry Bracelets140 of 233Southwest Indian BraceletsPewter gold plated bracelet

Toni1969Toni1969 loves this.
EZaEZa loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
aeonaeon likes this.
crabbykinscrabbykins loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m likes this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
toracattoracat loves this.

Newtimes

I got this bracelet from my mother. She bought it at an auction some years ago. She never ever wears jewelry, so some years ago I was the lucky one who got it as a present.
Its an 18 carat gold bracelet with tiny rose cut diamonds. Its probably hand made. But thats as far as my knowledge goes...
Some of the links are a bit 'misformed' over the years because its so very delicate.
Does anyone has an idea about the age or origins of this bracelet? Thanks a lot!

Comments

1. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Filigree jewelry reached the height of its popularity during the Art Deco period of the 1920's and 1930's. Difficult to create and painstakingly finished by hand, the romanticism and detail of antique filigree jewelry has made it widely popular. In any case no Dutch because we have 14K. Are there any hallmarks?
  2. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    Thanks mustangtony and Agram.m for loving.

Agram.m., thanks for your comment. You could be right, it could be from the art deco period.
    It has no hallmarks. I guess it must be from here in Belgium then. We almost always use 18K.
  3. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    I agreement, beautiful Jewelfreak!
  4. phytia phytia, 2 years ago
    It´s beautiful!It´s defenitly Art Deco.The lock look modern though.Thanks for sharing.
  5. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    Unusual cut for the stones, they look lavender, is that just the photo?
    My guess is 1890-1910, maybe earlier, its hard to tell without seeing more photos. the clasp is a replacement. If you post a photo of the underside, I might be able to tell you more
  6. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    The diamonds in the bracelet are tabel cut. This is a very old technique but also used in later periods.
  7. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    Well the diamonds are all white and clear. They just look purple on the picture. I thought they were rose cut because they have a flat bottom but you could be right Agram.m, they could be table cut.
    I will try to get a picture of the back Stillwater. I just thought it wasn't necessary with this simple bracelet :-)
  8. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    Thanks BELLIN68, miKKoChristmas11, vetraio50 and toracat for loving
  9. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 2 years ago
    Incredible!!! I love the detailing and workmanship..thanks for sharing!!!