A Bally manikin Mannequin

In Advertising > Store Displays > Show & Tell.
Store Displays112 of 206Jeweler's Showcase - Quartersawn Oak j.c king London. old Mannequin cage for women's tops

toracattoracat loves this.
photoboothjournalphotoboothjournal likes this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
trunkmantrunkman loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
DinoManDinoMan loves this.
kindykindy loves this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
crabbykinscrabbykins loves this.

Phatbuddha

I found this today at the dump shame it's headless but still a nice piece. Its hands and arms are Articulate,the body is made of Cardboard-mâché with Original stand.
Sorry the photos are not as good as I took them at work and haven't taken it home yet.

"Hope you like it manikin,I put it on here Specially for you as you have been so helpful with my Items it's the Least I could do :)"

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    I love it! I wonder what manni will say?
    Bally was founded in 1851 at Schönenwerd, Switzerland, by Carl Franz Bally.
  2. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    What a wonderful find wow ! Love it ! What is body made of ? I have not seen this one before . I want to walk to work with you gee you find some great treasures ! Thanks for posting it :-)
  3. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    Those arms are wood, aren't they?
    Is the body papier maché?
  4. Phatbuddha Phatbuddha, 2 years ago
    Thanks guys,I'm glad you like it. Yes the arms n hands are made from wood and the body is Paper mâché.
    I had to look up "Henry Poole" and I have seen them before in the yard but Never tho to pull them out :/ but now I know,if I see one it will Definitely will not be going to the landfill. Thanks again :)
  5. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    I thought body looked like paper mache which dates it as a early display piece . I do believe arms may have been added later they are not same age as body and often the torso's for display did not have arms .. I would leave as is and display it . !
  6. Phatbuddha Phatbuddha, 2 years ago
    Thanks manikin I'm taking it home today, it does have a great look to it.
  7. Phatbuddha Phatbuddha, 2 years ago
    Just got it home. The body is made from Cardboard-mâché
  8. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    bellin needs a cold shower Phat be careful what you post lol
    It is a wonderful piece of history from Company .
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
    Where is this dump?? Ha, ha - I'm sure it is not in my neck of the woods. This is a great find. Will you drape jewels over her?
  10. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
  11. Phatbuddha Phatbuddha, 2 years ago
    Thanks bellin I had a really good nite,hope you had a good V,day.

Laughing @ manikin lol

My dump is in London England, I'm guessing your in the U.S ?
    I'm not sure what to do with her? I could put some jewel I've found at the dump on her with some other Accessories. I've got some Vintage handbags she could have lol

Thanks again guys for your Comments
    I'm pretty new on this site and you guys have helped me out so much I can't thank you Enough :)
  12. fossilhunter fossilhunter, 2 years ago
    Adjust both of those arms like it is holding a baby, tighten the screws, push back against the wall there, place your game controllers in the arms, and Voila! you now have the coolest video game controller holder around. Great score.
  13. SEAN68 SEAN68, 2 months ago
    Tis very stunning !! used to wear Bally Shoes back in the very early 90's Black Patent Leather was my choice!!