Pack of KARTIO 2744 glasses, Kaj Franck (Nuutajarvi Notsjö, 1955)

In Art Glass > Scandinavian Art Glass > Show & Tell and Glassware > Show & Tell.
Scandinavian Art Glass405 of 923"Heiniä kainalossa" bowl, Kaija Aarikka (Humppila, 1970s.)Interesting Strombergshyttan vases by Anders Solfors, mid 1970s...

fantastischglasfantastischglas loves this.
cobaltcoboldcobaltcobold loves this.
HunterHunter loves this.
fixitjmcfixitjmc loves this.
GreatsnowyowlGreatsnowyowl loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
vlkma238412vlkma238412 loves this.
GlasswareGuyGlasswareGuy loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

austrohung…

I copy the next text from the book KAJ & FRANCK by Päivi Jantunen: "This pack of different coloured 2744 glasses was exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art in New York immediately after being launched in 1955. It is claimed that the idea for Franck's Toive pack came from a cardboard box for apple jam".

The 2744 vases were first produced from 1953 to 1967 in two sizes: 9 and 12 cl. From 2011 they have been reissued (mouth blown) and made in two more sizes: , 20 and 34 cl. to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Franck's birth (which is great but I guess it will add some confusion to collectors as new ones could be sold as old ones, even if the price for the new ones is pretty high).

You can see the original package in the first pic (unfortunately I don't have the lid). On pics 2 and 3, the Kartio glasses in the five colours I've got (of the light blue one I've got two glasses), and finally on pic. 4, the complete set of glasses with the original Kartio jug in red.

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    I found you the best gift yesterday! One hint...bang!
  2. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    Bang?

Smart glass set!
  3. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Yes V, Bang
  4. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    Arne or Michael?
  5. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Jacob...
  6. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    Hmm, with or without strings?
  7. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    Well it doesn't kluck
  8. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    No feathers, then?
    I know now!
    Does it smoke?
  9. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 1 year ago
    does it remind of Bibendum, the Michelin character? :P

You're so sweet Amber!!!
  10. AmberRose AmberRose, 1 year ago
    I am heading out of town this morning for a long weekend at my Mom' s so it won't get into the mail for the next little while. Also its not what you think it is : ))
  11. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 1 year ago
    Haha! I'll learn how to wait :) Have a great weekend!!!
  12. cobaltcobold cobaltcobold, 1 year ago
    The new ones are not sold anymore. I bought two purple ones last year in the sale. The red ones didn't satisfy my, the red color was not regular and played into a brownish nuance. The new ones have an Ittalla acid stamp on the bottom.
  13. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 1 year ago
    Good to know they have that acid stamp :) Maybe because of the price I didn't pay much attentionto them, perhaps because I've got original ones :) Thanks a lot for the information, Cobalt!!!