Art Deco Nude Bookends

In Art Deco > Show & Tell and Books > Bookends > Show & Tell.
Art Deco1516 of 2556CZECH DECO EXPORT: BELLOVA LAMPKRALIK CZECH ART DECO MURRINE III

kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.
BazelmaniaBazelmania loves this.
rocker-sdrocker-sd loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.

upstatenyc…

Well, after a hiatus, we went out today. I picked these up at one of my regular shops. The dealer told me he brought them up from Florida. They're metal, with a felt applied to the base. The paint is a bit rough, especially on the one on the right, but I couldn't resist the deco style. A quick Google search didn't turn up any similar, so if any of you knowledgeable folk hve any ideas, please let me know!

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    Well hello Upstate! How are you?
    These are divine!
  2. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 2 years ago
    Pretty good, Amber. it felt good to get out there tody, even though it was colder thn heck nd windy to boot. How are you doing? Is it getting any wrmer where yoy are?
  3. rocker-sd rocker-sd, 2 years ago
    Hi upstate, I have the same bookend (except only one), I also have the same figure mounted on a ashtray base. Mine both have a patent #84856 on the back of the pedestal. I ran a patent search and didn't find anything. I am guessing these were made by a small foundry copying the style of Frankart and Nuart. My bookend is made of Pot Metal, or White Metal, which most of these figures were made of. My ashtray stand is made of cast iron, which is unusual. They date to the 1930's. What a great find.
  4. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 2 years ago
    Thanks rocker and Phil. These are also pot metal phil. I don't see any marks on these at all, but they are cool!
  5. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    Nope cold as heck here in Chicago. Glad your back!
  6. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 2 years ago
    Thanks Bellin68. And Amber, been cold here too. I'm so over winter. I want to get out there searching again. BTW, if you watch Market Warriors on PBS, they just showed one from Greenwich, NY, the Washington County Fairgrounds. They have shows there a couple of time a year. I recorded it, but haven't seen it yet.
  7. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 2 years ago
    Nope, eye4, I missed that one. And thanks for the info, Phil!