Now for something completely different.

In Cards > Playing Cards > Show & Tell.
Playing Cards56 of 184Sir Henry Hingham card gameGE P7 Playing Cards

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
toracattoracat loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.

valentino97

Going thru some old stuff today - and this was in a wallet - carried it around a LONG time ago and up to the 80's. It says "for your wallet" so that's where I put it.

I sent the original bedraggled Dark Shadows game to my brother a few years ago and he commented that the Barnabas Collins card was missing. He will be thrilled when I send him this....

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
    Thank you msickchoo and mustangtony for your love - obviously you remember this card. Haven't watched the new movie yet waiting for the DVD. I think the old series is on Netflix. Remember how you heard the gunshot about 2 seconds after the puff of smoke? And the walls shook sometimes. It was my 3 pm secret treat before Mom came home and said "why are you watching this crap - go outside and play".
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
    Didn't you watch it? A kinda creepy soap opera for kids - you can't be that much older than me. Anyway thank you for the comment.
  3. mikelv85 mikelv85, 1 year ago
    I used to run home from school everyday to watch this show ! Although I have to say all these years later it's a bit campy..lol.
  4. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Very campy! I doubt I can even sit thru the remake. I think it was popular because most soap operas were for our moms and grandmothers - and this one aired later in the day when kids were getting home from school.
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    thank you ttomtucker for your love.
  6. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thanks mikelv85 for your love and comment!
  7. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you manikin and torocat for your loves

Please don't hate me because I'm beautiful!!! Ha, ha - I still haven't watched the new movie yet - sounds like a Netflix option.
  8. zguy2112 zguy2112, 1 year ago
    Nice piece, I would save it if I were you.
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    It's going to my brother because he has the rest of the game and I forgot this card - he noticed. Thank you!
  10. AboundingOddities AboundingOddities, 10 months ago
    Val, thanks for your comment...I came here to see what you have, was going to stop on others but then I saw Barnabas...I figured most gals for Quentin (my sisters fave)...Barnabas was the cool one though.

Ive watched euh-huh auctions for years for a piece used by Barnabas to sell in my price range...one of these days. LOL

I do have the original album, with the Barnabas and Quentin poster...I listen to it when I get time...neat that you kept this
  11. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 10 months ago
    It was not for kids if I remember correct, but adults. I remember this as a kid and when the show finished I remember staying home from school, missed a lot of it, but really loved the show, it was wonderful. Of this card I will have to try to look up that cane - I want it !!~
  12. AboundingOddities AboundingOddities, 10 months ago
    someone on that auction site does make replicas of the cane...relicas. What with Barnabus and Quentin, the young and older teens adored the show...and what with Angelica and others, so did I...but it was the difference of norm versus what a family Should be that got me involved...LOL
  13. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 10 months ago
    Actually kids it was meant for, but I remember some adults loving it also. It was never really done as bad as the kids shows I have seen - so it was exciting.
  14. valentino97 valentino97, 10 months ago
    Thanks aghcollect for stopping and giving some love.
  15. valentino97 valentino97, 10 months ago
    AboundingOdd - I don't remember an album. Did they sing? That doesn't seem right. Anyway glad this post gave you a shiver down the old 70's memory lane.
  16. valentino97 valentino97, 10 months ago
    Phil - you're right - there were so MANY bad kids shows back then. Dark Shadows? I don't remember any adults in my realm that watched it. Strictly enjoyed by my brothers and friends. We loved it and made fun of the shaking walls.

Altho I must comment on Lancelot Link which was EXCELLENT. My dad used to come in from his busy farm chores routine and watch it w/me Saturday morning (well, he took a nap and then bolted up when it was over, bless his overworked little mean soul) We both thought the Monkees was a dum show. I liked the clothes though....
  17. Signaholic Signaholic, 10 months ago
    Gosh, I remember this show in the late 60s and early 70s! It somehow had my undivided attention.
  18. Signaholic Signaholic, 10 months ago
    Johnathan Frigg was scary even without the makeup!
  19. valentino97 valentino97, 10 months ago
    Thanks signaholic - it was a fun show wasn't it? There wasn't any other show like Dark Shadows back then. Part of why I enjoyed it and my Mom always groaned "why are you watching this crap? go outside and play!" So....it was a secret pleasure - campy, silly, poorly produced - but prepared me for John Waters, David Lynch and later Quentin Tarantino...

I still don't get Eraserhead. I watched it last Friday on the beach. Maybe I was just too cold - or too old....yeah both, that could be.
  20. AboundingOddities AboundingOddities, 10 months ago
    Hi Val...it was the theme and other music used on the show. You inspired me to photo it for a collection here in awhile. You can find these almost all over the place now-a-days. I got mine maybe 10 years ago, when not being perfect was still a WOW! LOL
  21. AboundingOddities AboundingOddities, 10 months ago
    Phil, before I answer people I like to see their page...youre faved, some nice items to look at as I go along

Did you see the original, or the second edition show...you'd know the original because it was so cheesily done, and the actors were amazingly....????? LOL...but we seemed to love them back then. Thanks
  22. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 10 months ago
    I rewatched the show last nite episodes 1 and 2. I still think it was produced for kids in a totally adult way over all. Cheesy but some of the new shows for kids have dollops more cheese overloaded. The overdrama was great for comedians like ?Carol Burnett ! Love the house, although coming through more as a set !
  23. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 10 months ago
    I did see the repro silver cane, very nice !
  24. AboundingOddities AboundingOddities, 10 months ago
    Phil, it is very nice, but like you I want his real one too...LOL. Yeah, I'd rather have my grandkids watching old TV like the munsters, Friday night late fright movies, and Dark Shadows than what some of their shows are today...American dad, simpsons, or even the sat morn cartoon anaimaniacs or something...turned on tv cartoons one morn about 11 years ago, heard the rich kid one yelling YOU BU-- Faced Dweeb, and I shut down all TV for the next 9 years, until my kids were out of the house...LOL