Valentino97 poses w/quilted boxes, shoes & St. Theresa.

In Accessories > Show & Tell and Shoes > Heels > Show & Tell.
Fashion Accessories389 of 980SWANK Cufflinks Fly FishingIs anyone collecting this stuff?  What is it called in English?

AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
AimathenaAimathena loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

valentino97

Excuse these old scans from the 90's: I have 40 of these 40's-50's quilted glove/hosiery boxes with my jewelry collections colorized inside. This floor-to-ceiling shelf is right by my sewing machine and Valentino enjoyed exploring while I was working. I think she is appealing to St. Theresa of the Little Rose nightlight for help in and out of the 8 rows of obstacles. Later I gave the nightlight to my little sister Teresa who doesn't get hokey antiques. I'm going to have to get it back from her.

Val is hiding in a beautiful hand-lasted pair of 1950's butterfly fabric stilletos and a sorta matching clutch. from same time. I'm ashamed to say she ate thru the beautiful linings (she was bored?) so I can never sell these shoes.

For years I thought Val was a he and kept ignoring everyone who said Valentino was really Valentina. She used to sit w/me when I was sewing and pull all the pins out of the tomato pin cushion - walk over to the edge of the table and make sure each pin was tossed over and hit the floor. It made a lot of work for me and I'd look up - there she would be eating the lining out of the bitchin butterfly stilletos.

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    The shoes and purse are so unique and your little parakeet is adorable .:-)
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you AmberRose & Mustangtony for your loves. Thank you Bellin68 and Manikin for your comments. Yes, that's Valentino doing what she enjoyed most - exploring the goodies.
  3. Aimathena, 4 months ago
    Oh Sooo cute.
    I like all the quilted cases. Love the shoes.
  4. kyratango kyratango, 2 months ago
    Lol, love all parts of your post! Valentino (a) is precious too and did a nice job with the shoes, lol ;-)
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 2 months ago
    Kyra thank you! Now you have some insight on my name. I was given Val in 1997 and had her 10 yrs. She was so much fun and even went on a meeting w/me once quietly hiding inside my jacket while I booked a conference room for my company holiday party. Yes, I was pretty weird back then but she was such a perfect companion and I still miss her. I have 2 darlings now but never another Valentino.
  6. kyratango kyratango, 2 months ago
    10 years! That's amazing, I easily understand you still miss her...Did she talked? Yes, budgies can!