Valentino97 poses w/quilted boxes, shoes & St. Theresa.

In Accessories > Show & Tell and Shoes > Heels > Show & Tell.
Fashion Accessories751 of 1339SWANK Cufflinks Fly FishingIs anyone collecting this stuff?  What is it called in English?

AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
AimathenaAimathena loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.

Excuse these old scans from the 90's: I have 40 of these 40's-50's quilted glove/hosiery boxes with my jewelry collections colorized inside. This floor-to-ceiling shelf is right by my sewing machine and Valentino enjoyed exploring while I was working. I think she is appealing to St. Theresa of the Little Rose nightlight for help in and out of the 8 rows of obstacles. Later I gave the nightlight to my little sister Teresa who doesn't get hokey antiques. I'm going to have to get it back from her.

Val is hiding in a beautiful hand-lasted pair of 1950's butterfly fabric stilletos and a sorta matching clutch. from same time. I'm ashamed to say she ate thru the beautiful linings (she was bored?) so I can never sell these shoes.

For years I thought Val was a he and kept ignoring everyone who said Valentino was really Valentina. She used to sit w/me when I was sewing and pull all the pins out of the tomato pin cushion - walk over to the edge of the table and make sure each pin was tossed over and hit the floor. It made a lot of work for me and I'd look up - there she would be eating the lining out of the bitchin butterfly stilletos.

1. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    The shoes and purse are so unique and your little parakeet is adorable .:-)
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
    Thank you AmberRose & Mustangtony for your loves. Thank you Bellin68 and Manikin for your comments. Yes, that's Valentino doing what she enjoyed most - exploring the goodies.
  3. Aimathena, 2 years ago
    Oh Sooo cute.
    I like all the quilted cases. Love the shoes.
  4. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Lol, love all parts of your post! Valentino (a) is precious too and did a nice job with the shoes, lol ;-)
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Kyra thank you! Now you have some insight on my name. I was given Val in 1997 and had her 10 yrs. She was so much fun and even went on a meeting w/me once quietly hiding inside my jacket while I booked a conference room for my company holiday party. Yes, I was pretty weird back then but she was such a perfect companion and I still miss her. I have 2 darlings now but never another Valentino.
  6. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    10 years! That's amazing, I easily understand you still miss her...Did she talked? Yes, budgies can!