Les Paul Guitar Displays in our Town ,There are to many to post

In Music > Show & Tell.
Music Memorabilia245 of 962Robbins Mammoth Collection of Famous Piano MusicElvis Reel to Reel Tape !!

geo26egeo26e loves this.
czechmanczechman loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
chevy59chevy59 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.

Manikin

These are some of the huge display guitars spread through our town in honor of Les Paul and his contributation to Rock and roll music . His house with mary Ford was a few miles from here
For non guitar people here is his story
Lester William Polsfuss (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009) known as Les Paul—was an American jazz, country and blues guitarist, songwriter, luthier and inventor. He was one of the pioneers of the solid-body electric guitar, which made the sound of rock and roll possible. He is credited with many recording innovations. Although he was not the first to use the technique, his early experiments with overdubbing (also known as sound on sound),delay effects such as tape delay, phasing effects and multitrack recording were among the first to attract widespread attention.

His innovative talents extended into his playing style, including licks, trills, chording sequences, fretting techniques and timing, which set him apart from his contemporaries and inspired many guitarists of the present day He recorded with his wife Mary Ford in the 1950s, and they sold millions of records.

Among his many honors, Paul is one of a handful of artists with a permanent, stand-alone exhibit in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.He is prominently named by the music museum on its website as an "architect" and a "key inductee" along with Sam Phillips and Alan

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you bellin :-) When you drive through you can see them in many spots in town . Some talented artists did these , They are huge :-)
  2. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you eye4 I believe they will be permanent displays set up year round except winter . They did some very creative work . Thanks for looking at them . We have a park named after him also ,with a statue .
  3. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    These are great Mani, I especially like the second one, steam punk theme.
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    Do you know who did the art on these guitars, very well done, beautiful !~Phil
  5. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you Bro for the love :-) I thought second one was somme type of clock in it :-)
  6. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Hi Phil First thank you for the love and to your question . These were local and worldwide artists that made them . Tallest is 10 feet down to size of a regular guitar and would have to read the plagues I think artist names are on them as well as tribute to Les Paul . Gibson guitars also came the day it opened with a fabulous decorated huge bus .
  7. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you mustang,vetraio50, and chevy59 for the love you put on this post :-)
  8. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you Kerry :-) I appreciate the love . Hope your taking good care of my watches :-)
  9. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Found this link online this afternoon in regards to Phils question, I paid particular attention to the steam punk guitar by Chuck Weber, Waukesha

They are very talented, it would be nice to see the guitars in person.
  10. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    A second link to the Flickr Waukesha GuitarTown's photostream;

11. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Wrong link sorry I was not on the first page.

12. inky inky, 2 years ago
    FANTASTIC!!...:-)
  13. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thanks walksoft (Bro) They did list some of the artists that helps but some came from artists nationwide . Great links !!!!!!!!!!!! Your research is always good and I appreciate it :-)
  14. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you Inky ! They did amazing job on these so glad you thought so too ! Hope all is good with you . Your last glass posted was just stunning beyond words such good taste . I wish I knew glassware like you do . I just know it is beautiful :-)
  15. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Thanks Sis, you're welcome. I liked them so much that I had to find out more about them.
    They are all such talented artists.
  16. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Bro if you would not have left home and ran away you could see them in person lol
  17. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    It couldn't be helped the circus was in town! :-)
  18. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Yes they needed you and your talents :-) lol
  19. musikchoo musikchoo, 2 years ago
    The only thing that could make them better is to have a button to push at each site that would play about a 60 second song from Les Himself. I wonder if they ever considered that? Thank You Mani !! (:-D)
  20. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    It didn't last long they threw me off the train when we reached Canada. :-)
  21. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you musik :-) That would have been a great idea :-) We have so many street music downtown bands playing quite often you would not hear it though over the bands . I Live in Guitar Town USA :-) Thanks for the love my friend
  22. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Manikin what a utterly lovely thing to say to me, thank you so! much.. I really don't know much about glass at all, something's can be obvious but mostly not! to me any way, I just love most glass as you can tell by eclectic collection! I just buy what I can afford and what appeals to me.....:-)
  23. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you EJW-54 !
  24. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you dlfd911 ! I appreciate you stopping and liking my post :-)
  25. pickrknows pickrknows, 2 years ago
    Would'nt it be cool to have one of these on the "deck". Love them!
  26. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    pickr these would look nice even in a woman's cave :-) They are cool . Thanks for the love !
  27. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you rniederman ! Glad you stopped at this post and gave it a thumbs up :-)
  28. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you very much ho2cultcha ! :-)
  29. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
  30. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you BeatleJim55 and official ! I appreciate you stopping to look at my post :-)
  31. Sacgemini Sacgemini, 2 years ago
    Manikin, these are Awesome! I have a passion for music and just love everything about guitars. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw these. I was admiring the art work as Phil was asking about earlier in this post. Beautiful!!
  32. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Sacgemini Glad you enjoyed these ,there are more than I posted even, I grew up with A Dad that played banjo. step dad that played guitar and my first husband played a hummingbird Gibson everyday until he passed away . I can hardly play a CD player no talent but I am with you I have a passion for music as well . So glad to have you with us :-)
  33. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 2 years ago
    Les Paul was truly an inovator and incredible guitar player. There is nothing like the sound of a Les Paul through a Marshall amp...unmistakeable. I use to play through a Marshall on the town and my house Marshall was a JCM 900 with a 4 12 stack.... I only used three pedals, TS - 09, CS -09, and a rat distortion pedal.
  34. Manikin Manikin, 12 months ago
    Thank you NativeJewelerylovers and I agree with you 100% . I appreciate your comment and love on this post :-
  35. Manikin Manikin, 12 months ago
    Thank you Sacgemini ,DinoMan,official,geo, Much appreciated !
  36. Sacgemini Sacgemini, 12 months ago
    What city/town are these guitars displayed?
  37. Manikin Manikin, 12 months ago
    Sacgemini they are displayed in his hometown Waukesha Wi . Down now for winter . Half our town is named after him ,streets, parks ect . Thank you for your interest :-)