Share your favorites on Show & Tell

antique wrought iron carriage or railroad wall vase? (blacksmith)

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware725 of 2608Cast Steel tools.....Old Shoe Trivet?
Love it
Like it

officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
LongingsLongings loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 likes this.
walksoftlywalksoftly likes this.
pops52pops52 loves this.
See 3 more
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 1 year ago


(7 items)

wrought iron carriage or railroad wall vase? this lovely antique was hand made by a blacksmith . it maybe something else to hold a tool .

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    It was not made by a blacksmith, the flange & holder are cast iron.
    Did you drill the hole in it as it appears to be new?
  2. andnowitsyourszd andnowitsyourszd, 1 year ago
    as found ,what does it go to or where would you have found this (seen this)??????
  3. Cnaan, 2 months ago
    English goffering iron

    Note: You miss the rode that is placed into the tube.

    This tool is an iron and also called an Italian or tally iron. The task of smoothing fabric produced many tools. The English goffering iron was used to press pleats and ridges in cloth. It resembled a metal test tube, positioned horizontally on a stand (or base). The tube was heated by inserting a poker-like rod of metal, fresh from a stove or hearth. Frilled cuffs and collars could be curled round the cylinder, and other trimmings (such as ribbons) were moved across it. Some Victorians took pride in displaying expertly ironed ruffles.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.