Lovely Opalescent Fluted Bowl

In Glassware > Show & Tell and Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Glassware1671 of 4269I love this bowl!GLASS WHAT IS IT?

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
charcoalcharcoal loves this.
GreatsnowyowlGreatsnowyowl loves this.
MisglassMisglass loves this.
JustanoviceJustanovice loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

AddiesAtti…

I recently found this lovely fluted bowl in my great aunts home which we've been cleaning out. Since I'm more of a "primitive" gal, I don't know much about all the wonderful glass items I've brought into my home from her home. This bowl is in pristine condition and is so elegant. Can anyone shed some light onto the maker, date or any other info? Thanks so much in advance! Blessings~

Comments

1. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 1 year ago
    I don't know that much about this kind of glass. it's pressed opalescent. I don't know the date for this kind of thing very well but I'd guess 1880-1950 LOL.. you should try to go here

and post it as there are a lot of people that hang out there who are into this kind of glass.
  2. charcoal charcoal, 1 year ago
    I believe it is Jefferson Glass, Meander Patern.
  3. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 1 year ago
    Charcoal, I believe you are right, Jefferson Glass Ca 1900. Meander is the pattern. Jefferson opalescent was made from 1900 to 1908 when Northwood bought most of the opalescent molds. It is not uncommon to see old Jefferson patterns with the Northwood mark.
  4. charcoal charcoal, 1 year ago
    Glad to help and thank you for posting your example. Welcome to cw as well!
  5. epson233 epson233, 1 year ago
    lovely piece
  6. AddiesAtticHeirlooms, 1 year ago
    Thanks so much for your help in identifying this piece. I may possibly list it on ebay. Any idea of its worth?
  7. epson233 epson233, 1 year ago
    if you post on ebay addie -- may want to delete this posting -- as per the rules & regs -- some members have been barred from the site for this action -- or per some of the comments i have read in past post -- just a suggestion -- you could check with hunter -- cw staff -- to be sure --
  8. AddiesAtticHeirlooms, 1 year ago
    Oh, Since I'm so new here I didn't know that. I will not mention it again. thanks for your advice.