Canadian @ Fort George Wright Button and Cap Enlargement

In Military and Wartime > Show & Tell and Photographs > Show & Tell.
Military and Wartime1319 of 4094Military ButtonConfederate Belt Buckle

miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
tlmbarantlmbaran likes this.
ChrisnpChrisnp loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.

Ted_Straub

This is especially for ScottVez, who asked about enlarging the detail of the emblems on this man's uniform. Scott, let me know what you think if these are USA or Canada items. And if any else could clarify, your input is very welcome, too!

Comments

1. musikchoo musikchoo, 2 years ago
    We cant enlarge the photo Ted.
  2. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Good afternoon, musikchoo...It was hard working with this photo.....I don't think that I can do anything to enlarge it in order to get more detail. Sorry to say!!

Thaks for your comment and also for your love...I appreciate both!!!
  3. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Hi, Manikin...thanks for the love.
  4. scottvez scottvez, 2 years ago
    It is hard to see any details. It doesn't look like a typical US hat badge.

The collar disks may help. I am not familiar with Canadian forces and what they wore on their collars. The collar devices look like typical US enlisted collar disks of the era. Research that indicates Canadian collar disks were different may give credence to him being a US troop.

scott
  5. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Hi, Scott....

It remains a mystery! And a very intriguing one at that! Thank you for your input and interest....

Ted
  6. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 2 years ago
    The cut of the pockets indicates he is wearing the US Model 1918 Jacket. If he were wearing a Canadian or British jacket, I would expect patch pockets with pleats, and the pocket flaps to be less curvy. I would expect the cap visor to be cloth. I would also not expect to see disk-like collar brass. These appear to be the 1918 or later issue US collar disks. It appears the left disk has the US with regimental number beneath, but it's too hazy to be sure.

I can't explain the odd cap badge.
  7. tlmbaran tlmbaran, 2 years ago
    This could quite possibly be a Military School cadet, about 1920/1925 I would guess.....
  8. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 2 years ago
    I was thinking that's a possibility too, or a quasi-military organization like the Civilian Military Training Corps. Then I'd be wrong about the left disk, but I'm pretty sure about the jacket being the simplified US jacket that came out in 1918. Of course there would be plenty of stocks of them in the 1920s to outfit other organizations
  9. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Hi, timbaran, thanks for the love and for the comment....
  10. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Hello, Chrisnp...thanks for both your love and for your insightful comment on this subject....
  11. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Hi, miKKo...thanks for your love!
  12. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Hey, Kerry10456...thanks for the love!!
  13. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Good evening, ttomtucker...thanks for the love!
  14. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Hi, Bellin68...thanks for the love!
  15. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Greetings, vetraio50...thanks for the love!!!!