Art Deco solid silver earrings with coral

In Fine Jewelry > Art Deco Fine Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Fine Jewelry Earrings > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Fine Jewelry113 of 207Art Deco silver and blue stone pendantVintage Art Deco Opera Length Pearl Necklace 32" Silver

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
ZowieZowie loves this.
BHock45BHock45 loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.

Newtimes

I don't have words enough to describe these beauties.
Another birthday present from my man some years ago.
I can tell you it really pays off to stay such a long time with the same guy :-)
He really has taste, I LOVE THEM!
They are solid silver with a small coral stone. The way they were made, they 'move' when I move. Some sort of 'tremblent' or something like that.
The only pity is: they are really heavy and every time I wear them my ears start to hurt after a little while!
I have tried to find more information on them (it says Karat ltd 925 on the back).
The 925 is silver content, but does anybody know anything about the other markings?
Thanks a lot.

Comments

1. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Love them very nice!
  2. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    Thanks Agram.m and Mustangtony for loving them.
  3. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    Thanks vetraio50, BHock45 and BELLIN68 for the love
  4. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
    What a nice present from your sweetie. I've never seen these before. My boyfriend doesn't buy me jewelry because he says I already have it (WHAT is his problem???) I see motifs from: Greece, Bali and Thailland. Anyone else see this?
  5. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    Hey valentino97. I think its always difficult for a guy to give jewelry to his wife/girl. Especially if she knows so much about it. :-)

Now that you say it, I also see the Greek and oriental motifs in it. Never noticed that before. Art deco was after all an eclectic style.
    Thanks for your comment!
  6. davyd286, 2 years ago
    Thailand or Hong Kong was my first thought. Many jewelry makers in Thailand have a word Karat in their name spelled this way.
  7. Zowie Zowie, 2 years ago
    They are so unusual at first before I went to the full picture I thought they were a handle. To my surprise they ended up being earrings. Different.
  8. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    davyd286, I never thought about Thailand or Hong Kong. My first thought was Germany as its so close to where I live. But who knows, maybe you are right.
    Thanks for your comment.
  9. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    Zowie, Im not very good at taking pictures. Thanks for loving them
  10. Newtimes Newtimes, 2 years ago
    Aha, I asked my boyfriend and he says he got them from Germany.
    That makes sense. Its very close to where we live (Belgium) and Karat sounds German.
    Any advice on the maker would still be welcome!