Red glass airplane

In Costume Jewelry > Glass Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Glass Costume Jewelry32 of 65Venetian glass necklaceAmber glass pendant

valentino97valentino97 loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Newtimes

I'm still young but I must admit I cant remember when or where I bought this small brooch!
Normally that doesn't happen with me. I usually remember everything about jewelry I buy!
I'm sure I bought it at a flea market a few years ago. And I must have paid a few bucks for it at most.
Its a red glass airplane with painted details. One wing has a crack on the front, but it doesn't continue to the back so its not that bad.
I love this little plane, although I'm not sure how old it is.
Maybe 40's? What do you think?
Thanks a lot!

Comments

1. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Bratjdd and toolate2, thanks for the love
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    I think it is Czech or Bohemian glass but they usually marked items. It could be older - maybe 1930's. It could be from Germany or Russia. Pretty wonderful! What a sweet item. I love it!

I'm going to post 3 pressed-glass items that have a similar "look" but all marked Czech.

Congratulations Young Collector: You have come to the place all collectors do eventually and must pass through.... The "where did this come from, and darn why can't I remember?" place. Plus I bet you remember how much you paid for most of your treasures too....and that starts to nag at you when you can't remember all the details. I KNOW. I have a couple notebooks w/sketches and details of my finds. Mostly though I keep a "total look" notebook of outfits, shoes and jewels that helps me when I have a last minute event. (ha, ha - sounds snooty - yes art gallery openings but also yes my friend's rockabilly band or a street fair in a particular ethnic area, or a tiki-party - or wine w/my snobby real estate friends....) I like to flaunt my stuff! Otherwise I just wear my same old black outfit w/a fitted blue jean jacket and of course - my fabulous jewels.
  3. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Thanks BELLIN68, vetraio50 and valentino97 for the love
  4. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    valentino97, thanks for your comment. You're so organised! I never thought about making 'total look' notbooks but it sounds fun!
    I'm lucky if I find anything in my closet thats not wrinkled.
    Maybe I should start doing these notebook pics with my daughters. I'm sure they would love it!
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    No I'm not organized but when I find a new treasure and think "hey this would look good w/that" I pull out the notebook and jot notes down. I don't even bother w/pix because that would be too organized - and then I'd stress about making it perfect. I have a problem w/that and as a result - nothing gets done! Otherwise I stand in front of my closet full of wrinkles - and late everytime. (My boyfriend is a last minute kinda guy.)
  6. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Thanks BELLIN68 for the love.
    valentino97, great method, maybe I'll try it someday.