Landers, Frary, and Clark $9.00 Iron, Looks and Works Great!!

In Tools and Hardware > Sad and Flat Irons > Show & Tell and Mid-Century Modern > Show & Tell.
Sad and Flat Irons14 of 32Shipwreck Garron Flat IronSad Irons and Trivets

lisalisa loves this.
peteypetey loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
kygurl32kygurl32 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.

toracat

This iron is thin, small, with a great look, beautiful wood handle, heats fast, and works as good or better than my $20.00 on sale iron from department store. Turn the center wheel and handle comes right off, for cleaning or traveling. Cord is perfect and with spring it stays out of the way. Made in New Britiain Conn. Not sure of the year, It looks so good, sounds crazy, but it almost needs to be where people can see and admire its looks! Thanks for looking! All my friends of course are invited over to do my ironing! Lisa is in S.F.! Lisa if you would like to, please come over and I will let you do my ironing!! Really! Again Thanks!! Don

Comments

1. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Nice relic from the past, how many people pack an iron when they travel now.
    I picked up an old travel iron at a garage sale last summer, not that I needed one just because it was cool.
    I will try & post it later.
    David
  2. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    US Marshals pack an iron when they travel!! haha For long camp trips or Mex. or Central Amer. or So. Amer. no irons in cheaper good hotels! Also keep by bed for use as brass knuckles! haha I am joking! thanks David!
  3. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    If the Marshals pack an iron when travelling, does that mean they're packing heat, or packing iron?
  4. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    O-o-o-o-o-h!
  5. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    You must be careful with irons or you will get burned! haha
  6. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    O-o-o-o-o-h!
  7. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Thanks Geno! Come visit me and I will let you do my ironing! And I will make you coffee with my 1924 Landers, Frary coffee pot!
  8. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Hi toracat I posted my travel iron, you can see it here.
  9. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Toracat, don't know about you, but I only used an iron for sealing "Seal-a-Meal" bags way back when. Put a piece of newspaper over the bag on a counter edge & iron it closed. Didn't have to buy their sealing machine & carry it around.
  10. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Hi my son graduates from University in June! He will start looking for a job, I bought him 2 suits and a blazer, he may need an iron and he likes vintage items also! I do not iron too much myself! true! And I was hoping for a backup cord for coffee pot, but it is different.
  11. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Give my congratulations to your son, - & the iron. I'm sure he will find some young girl who knows how to use it. If he is really slick, he will fake not learning how to use it until the next one comes along. Hey, it worked for me all my life.
  12. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Great Idea! You take care!
  13. epson233 epson233, 2 years ago
    have several of these little irons -- the best is the one by singer that i use in my embroidery work since you need a dry iron with the transfers -- have a great day don
  14. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Yes I use this one on my old Ballet Costumes! I still put them on and dance at night in my living room!
  15. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Please tell me that costume doesn't include a tutu! :-)
  16. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    I have just one! Made of Anaconda Skin and Quetzal Feathers!!!