Glass flower earrings

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Jewelry Earrings > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry Earrings106 of 255Pink and yellow plastic earringsLewis Segal California 1970's rhinestone earrings

Virginia.vintageVirginia.vintage loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Newtimes

These glass and copper earrings all date from the fifties or sixties. I guess I'm really into this type of earrings because I always manage to come home with some if I go on jewerly hunt. You can still find them cheap, but I dont think that will last.
Over the years I have created a collection with plastic and glass flower earrings. They make me happy with their bright colors.
I hope you enjoy them too!

Comments

1. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Enjoy your earrings! I have some as well, very similar to yours but I am waiting for better weather to wear them. They are not practical with a winter hat:(
    Well, maybe I won't be brave enough to wear them but I find them cute.
  2. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Thanks freiheit and vetraio50 for the love.
    freiheit, you dont have to be brave to wear them. But indeed they are not practical with a hat or when you have to phone.
    Nice to wear to a party though.
  3. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Agree:)

Recently I started buying some vintage plastic bangles. I had some when I was a teenager, so I guess it's a bit of nostalgia. I call them my "summer jewelry" and they go so well with this kind of earrings. They are so much fun!
  4. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    How recognisable: I also buy lots of things I remember from being a kid. I think I have bought over the years about 6 barbie dolls which are really identical to the one my sister had when she was small.
    These earrings are perfect for summer. I would love to see your collection.
  5. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    I'll try to post some next week:)
  6. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    These are great! Here the glass petal earrings are becoming harder to find and are a bit more expensive at swapmeets and antique stores. Very nice! I don't have very many but when I come across a single and am sure I can't match it up w/its mate I use the glass beads in my restring projects. I LOVE the opaque glass beads and petals.
  7. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Valentino97, they also become harder to find but you can still find them fairly cheap on some flea markets.
    I do love the flower ones more. They are so much fun together.
  8. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 3 months ago
    Happy Easter to you and your family.