Old truck picture

In Classic Cars > Show & Tell and Photographs > Show & Tell.
Classic Cars306 of 791A FordGlass shifter

packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.
HootyHootHootyHoot loves this.
rhinomanrhinoman loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
trukn20trukn20 loves this.
pamallpamall loves this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
neat.old.stuffneat.old.stuff loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Wendling

A picture is all that I have of this one time beauty. In 1946 I was 12 years old when this Chevy truck was brought home from the dealer brand new. The new owner was my friend's Dad who was a rancher. I stood by it,and then was invited to sit in side,and was overwhelmed at such a beautiful truck,green on black was the pretty color. It started out as a stock truck,and then became a log hauler.As you can see much work was demanded of it,and it did it's best. The owner didn't have in mind to have a truck around to be a real worker,and in the end restore it for a real show piece. This picture was taken about 7,or 8 years from when new.

Comments

1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    Rough life! Ah, all it needs is a wax-job.
  2. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    The door must have been off to provide the much needed AC, those old girls got hot when they were working hard.
    Working with those big logs must have been dangerous in those days!

My Grandfather owned a 1943 Chev 1 1/2 ton, it started it's life in the Canadian Army.
    He bought it & used it to haul grain on the farm it hauled it's last load in 1986.
    I donated it to our local military museum 4 years ago.
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Would have loved to be around then and sit or drive this truck !~
  4. Wendling Wendling, 1 year ago
    I think the wieghmaster would have had the catch of the year,or maybe he thought too much of his portable scales to ruin them.
  5. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 1 year ago
    nice picture of the way it was .....
  6. pamall pamall, 1 year ago

This is my Grampa standing by the truck!
  7. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    @ pamall, he's a smart man, he's staying well away from those dangerous logs!!
    I hope he wasn't sitting in the truck when the side got smashed in!
  8. Wendling Wendling, 1 year ago
    Note the cheese block bunks for hauling big logs, would they use them over stakes now days?,I think not.