Assorted old cases

In Bags > Suitcases > Show & Tell.
Suitcases12 of 37Looking for Vintage Sesamee Luggage Locks Vintage Cases

mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

bobogal

These 3 vintage cases all came from different places. The green check case on the left is from New Zealand and actually has an old Kodak slide projector inside. But I actually bought it for the case :) My dad's 1970s Polaroid camera is sitting on top of this case.

The caramel leatherette suitcase is a 1970s case I got from England. It is a nice size for a short trip.

The Samsonite train case on the right is an ivory marbled 1940s case in great condition with its big internal mirror still intact. It really evokes the mystery and excitement of travel in days gone by, whether by train or by plane. Nowadays travel is no longer a special event with budget flights available to everyone, and it no longer carries the same air of romance and mystique.

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    I love these! I've also heard (but never tested it) that TSA won't allow train cases onboard that have the large mirror in lid. These are great. I have some too that I use as storage all piled up on top of eachother in my bedroom corner against the white wall.
  2. bobogal bobogal, 1 year ago
    Thanks mustangtony and valentino97 for the loves. Yes valentino97, I bet your train cases make a good display as well as storage!
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    That makeup case on the left I always wanted to put camera equipment in one, as it looks more sturdy than a lot of cases, love the one on the right also !~
  4. bobogal bobogal, 1 year ago
    Hi Phil, the one on the left is my favourite. I actually asked the charity shop if I could just buy it without the slide projector that comes with it but since it came with, I bought it. But just wanted the case, the lady thought I was crazy :)
  5. bobogal bobogal, 1 year ago
    Thanks Manikin and mikelv!
  6. bobogal bobogal, 12 months ago