Monet art deco 3-pc from the 1980's

In Costume Jewelry > Monet Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Monet Costume Jewelry16 of 26Necklace (Pendant) and Earings by Monet Approx. 1949Monet adjustable 'Dinner Ring' goldtone

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
PhilDavidAlexanderMorrisPhilDavidAlexanderMorris loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

valentino97

I bought the bracelet between 1985-90 and came across the pins later at antique stores. I can't remember where! Somehow Burdines or Bullocks rings a bell...in that case it would have been in Florida or San Diego. I'm losing my memory! I can't remember where my treasures came from. Anyway - all marked Monet. The bracelet is on ebay right now w/no more info than I have.

Stillwater - you are really good w/research. Do you have tips to share? Or do you hunt around the good old-fashioned way digging from site to site? I just saw a blog "monet the book" by Ms. Alice Vega and will see what she knows. Looks like the right place to start.

Plus an excellent CW story on Monet - it confirms that art-deco pieces were added in the 80's. I am sure there were earrings but I'd like to see what the necklace looked like.

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you tony and lee for loving my simple costume jewelry. Great aren't they?
  2. Stillwater Stillwater, 1 year ago
    Very, very interesting, I've NEVER seen that line before. I'd have bought them
  3. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you Newtimes, bratjdd and Sean for loving. I'm still trying to find out more about this.
  4. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you Stillwater for your comment - guess you love art deco like me? All I know is they're from the 1980's.
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    I contacted Alice Vega - Monet the book - but she doesn't have more info than I do. I'm pretty sure there was a necklace and earrings too. Anyone know more?
  6. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you Phil for loving this.
  7. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    In 1929, the Monocraft Products Company, under the name Monet, began creating costume jewelry, necklaces, bracelets, broaches, earrings, and ornamental clips. However, they did not market their jewelry pieces as Monet until 1937.

Read more: What Is Monet Jewelry? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5052474_monet-jewelry.html#ixzz2Skkhsmkq
  8. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you Phil - I know my pieces are the right Monet, all signed correctly - just curious the exact year they were made - I think around 1985. Thank you! When I find the matching necklace I'll post it.