Unknown antique charm bracelet

In Fine Jewelry > Charms and Charm Bracelets > Show & Tell.
Charms and Charm Bracelets31 of 61JAMES AVERY - 925 Volleyball CharmSome more silver charms

DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
BHock45BHock45 loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
jrfm410jrfm410 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

papa

Seems like every time I find a nice old piece of jewelry I end up searching 30,000 reproductions looking for something close. Again I am at a loss with this old bracelet; has cross hatching, hand painted, carved with good age, but unable to find anything like this. First thing that caught my eye was the safety chain on the clip, once I looked close the item showed good age. Any jewelry experts or collectors seen these before? Second photo shows it is a tiny crafted item. Close ups show build up in crevices from age.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. papa papa, 1 year ago
    Thanks bratjdd, must not be mass produced or I would be getting responses. Living in a military boarder town, most likely a bring back from a war zone.
  2. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    papa try this link it might help? Good luck
  3. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    Sorry here is the link. :)
  4. papa papa, 1 year ago
    Thanks bratjdd, guess there are mass produced reproductions, once you know what they are called. Spanish Damascene Charm Bracelet on eBay cheep, cheep. I swear I looked at the 30,000 charm bracelets listed and gave up. The ones listed are newer copies but any mass produced copies makes the antique ones pretty much worthless. Small design changes and no copyright infringements.
  5. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    Well I am glad I could Help you :) It is still most beautiful!!! Hang on it.
  6. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    I agree - hang on to it because it's very unusual. I like it!
  7. papa papa, 1 year ago
    Nothing goes in the trash; I recycle with donations to the YWCA for the battered women's shelter. I even buy stuff at estate auctions to purposefully donate; those boxes of kitchen items, refers and washers dryers, when they are working and no one wants to haul them away, I will haul them strait to the back door of the Y.
  8. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    papa, I wanted to tell you what a great thing you are doing there's not many people out there that does what you do. Thank you from the bottom of my heart You are a great person and I am glad I had that Opportunity to meet some like you here.
  9. sarahoff sarahoff, 1 year ago
    What kind of material are the cabochons made of?
  10. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago