1990 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Gold works

In Guitars > Gibson Guitars > Show & Tell.
Gibson Guitars2 of 39Gibson J-45 acoustic guitar. Profile Guitar - Black Magic / at least it used to be..

spitballspitball loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
Tlynnie1942Tlynnie1942 loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
peteypetey loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
rhinomanrhinoman loves this.
harrywharryw loves this.

NativeJewe…

This is my toy. The guitar was made for me and is probably a one of a kind Les Paul unless someone else had one made just like it that year. It is a Les Paul Standard with a 60 neck. It is bound and has open humbuckers. It is all done with gold hardware and is jet black. It served me well throughout the 90's playing the blues in the Metro Atlanta area. I wanted the gold hardware on the black guitar, but also wanted the 60 neck. Also, the open humbuckers were another personal touch.

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Beautiful guitar ! Did you see the artist made ones for our downtown in memory of Les Paul I posted . They are one of a kind but very large.
  2. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 2 years ago
    Yes I did, I believe I loved them too....very neat pieces...thanks for the love Manikin...
  3. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the love Vetraio, musikchoo, and Harryw...
  4. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 2 years ago
    Thanks Rhinoman
  5. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 2 years ago
    Thanks officialfuel..
  6. howardeye howardeye, 2 years ago
    I agree! Nice Axe!
  7. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 2 years ago
    Thanks Howardeye...
  8. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 2 years ago
    Thanks Petey for the love
  9. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 1 year ago
  10. spitball, 9 days ago
    A black Les Paul just looks like it means business. I once had a black one with natural mahogany sides and back. It was part of a special run of the "1957" reissues. It looked so great, but the neck was huge and unwieldy - very difficult to play, and, thus, I sold it. I like the 60s (slim to medium profile) neck best.
  11. NativeJewelerylovers NativeJewelerylovers, 9 days ago
    Thanks for the comment. That is why I chose the 60's neck, definitely helps in the playing of the guitar. Just wish I could find more time to play it at this time in life.